Sideways Duna

nubeees

I don't think this has been brought up anywhere, apologies if someone beat me to the punch, but

One new thing that we have now is axial tilt. The planets in the original KSP tend to be aligned perpendicularly to their ecliptic orbit and we are now able to essentially have seasons, because the planets can tilt a little bit. Obviously we don’t want the planets in the Kerbolar system to feel radically different from the original, so we might only be fiddling with that a little bit in terms of that system

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/an-in-depth-conversation-with-the-creator-of-ksp2/

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

I don't think this has been brought up anywhere, apologies if someone beat me to the punch, but

One new thing that we have now is axial tilt. The planets in the original KSP tend to be aligned perpendicularly to their ecliptic orbit and we are now able to essentially have seasons, because the planets can tilt a little bit. Obviously we don’t want the planets in the Kerbolar system to feel radically different from the original, so we might only be fiddling with that a little bit in terms of that system

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/an-in-depth-conversation-with-the-creator-of-ksp2/

Maybe not in the Kerbal system, but this means we need to have a Uranus analog somewhere!

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Good find!

This quote is probably worth its own thread entirely:

Spoiler

Krepstien is a reference to the Epstein drive from The Expanse, which is a torch-ship engine that is like the magic tech of The Expanse, that makes it possible to move from planet-to-planet very, very quickly. There are actually engines in the game that are similar to the Epstein drive because of their torch-ship qualities, because they have that magic combination of high thrust and a high specific impulse.

I’m actually not going to get into the exact mechanisms of those engines. We’ve shown a couple of them in materials that have already been released and nobody has guessed what they are yet. So that’s a fun Easter Egg for the community to hunt down.

4 minutes ago, nubeees said:

Good find!

This quote is probably worth its own thread entirely:

Hide contents

Krepstien is a reference to the Epstein drive from The Expanse, which is a torch-ship engine that is like the magic tech of The Expanse, that makes it possible to move from planet-to-planet very, very quickly. There are actually engines in the game that are similar to the Epstein drive because of their torch-ship qualities, because they have that magic combination of high thrust and a high specific impulse.

I’m actually not going to get into the exact mechanisms of those engines. We’ve shown a couple of them in materials that have already been released and nobody has guessed what they are yet. So that’s a fun Easter Egg for the community to hunt down.

I am sooo ready to build some torchships. 

• 5 months later...