8. Speed reference (???)

9. Speed + G-force (???)

10. Timewarp (???)

11. ???

12. Altitude + Atmo (???)

13. ???

14. Fuel/Resource (???)

15. Staging + dV

4 is Heading, I think you got 8-10, 11 is vertical speed, 12 is the old altimeter/pressure gauge, 13 and 14 beats me.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:30 AM, beik said:

Anyone can help me with the list?

QtlQMfR.png

1. Throttle

2.Yaw/Roll/Pitch

3. Navbll

4. ???

5. SAS direction

6. Stability assist

7. SAS/RCS toggle

8. Speed reference (???)

9. Speed + G-force (???)

10. Timewarp (???)

11. ???

12. Altitude + Atmo (???)

13. ???

14. Fuel/Resource (???)

15. Staging + dV

If throttle is at 100% and staging seems to display some fuel left, how come the engine isn't fireing?

There’s a few things missing. There should be a button somewhere to toggle between normal flight and docking mode (but it could be 13) and there should be orbital informations somewhere with timer to either next rendez-vous point, projected apoapsis and periapsis etc like what we got in room to manoeuver. I also don’t see view contracts (but that can disable in the mode they are in and enable in career mode. There an empty spot between 14 and 15 that could be full be that)

But i really hope that we get a modular UI that we can snap were we want on the screen

I personally like the layout of the UI, but not that it doesn't have boxes around it. This is because it combines the visual complexity of the scene with the visual complexity of the UI outlines, while what I really want to be focussing on is the information on the UI itself. Sure the UI gets in the way sometimes, but what is the use of Seeing a little more down if you have complex UI shapes in the way anyway, I just don't see how that makes things better.

On 8/26/2019 at 12:20 AM, Timbr92 said:

If throttle is at 100% and staging seems to display some fuel left, how come the engine isn't fireing?

Actually, that staging looks like it may be showing that there *isn't* any fuel left in the current stage.   Stages 1 and 2 look like they have fuel left, but not the 'GO' stage.

Which could be what #14 is showing: That the current stage is out of fuel.  (An alert box with indicators of current issues - in this case an empty fuel can.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, GoldForest said:

I kind of like the no background of the UI, but I can see that getting in the way of seeing some things. Maybe a light opacity to the elements would fix that.

Could be the elements are designed to go over an artwork chrome not yet in game. They should go one way or other even both. Cockpit base chrome to tie it together and control locations or no chrome and transparency.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:06 AM, Wilhelm Kerman said:

I hope the UI doesn't look like this, because this looks incredibly painful to use.

It does, at the moment, but you have to remember, it's PRE-ALPHA. This current UI might be for the devs only so they can fly. 

Edited by GoldForest

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

This current UI might be for the devs only so they can fly. 

Are you absolutely sure they are flying, not carrying out other actions, such as, I dunno, craahing landing?

Spoiler

AND FIXING DA BUGS TOO?

Jokes aside, the UI makes my head spins, but I can still wrap my brain around it.

Edited by Xd the great

56 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Are you absolutely sure they are flying, not carrying out other actions, such as, I dunno, craahing landing?

Reveal hidden contents

AND FIXING DA BUGS TOO?

Jokes aside, the UI makes my head spins, but I can still wrap my brain around it.

Well, a lot of games get a very simple paper like UI, just so the devs can test functionality and actually play the game themselves for testing purposes. I have no doubt that we'll get a proper non-paper UI when the game launches. In fact, I can see them putting in the old UI for players who want it. And with the increased modability, who's to say that the modding community can't put in their own UI? 

Imagine having the whole entire screen filled with the Apollo Module dash board? And yes, with ALL the switches working! Or if you're simple, you can go SpaceX like Hud. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Well, a lot of games get a very simple paper like UI, just so the devs can test functionality and actually play the game themselves for testing purposes. I have no doubt that we'll get a proper non-paper UI when the game launches. In fact, I can see them putting in the old UI for players who want it. And with the increased modability, who's to say that the modding community can't put in their own UI? 

Imagine having the whole entire screen filled with the Apollo Module dash board? And yes, with ALL the switches working! Or if you're simple, you can go SpaceX like Hud. 

Now I'm wondering if KSP 2 could be given a simplerockets hud with the "increased modability"

Not my cup of tea, but would be cool to know it can be altered to such a degree

Spoiler

Would really like the procedural engines though! With modable nozzles and compression ratios and whatnot :D

Edited by mcwaffles2003

31 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Now I'm wondering if KSP 2 could be given a simplerockets hud with the "increased modability"

Not my cup of tea, but would be cool to know it can be altered to such a degree

Hide contents

Would really like the procedural engines though! With modable nozzles and compression ratios and whatnot :D

Hopefully yes, I like a spaceX style setup.

Spoiler

Procedural engines? Sounds convenient for blowing stuff up.

2 hours ago, frizzank said:

This is programmer art.

It is just a placeholder until a UI artist makes the real deal.

I can believe that, it's functional but definitely not pretty. (it looks like they slapped together some UI elements for other space/flight sims) But it does hold clues to what might be in the final UI.

As for #'s 13 &14; 13 looks to be either targeting info or comm info, 14 looks to be a on-demand master warning (looks to be fuel in this case)