Contract to collect something from Minmus surface - spawns above surface and explodes after rolling down hill

I have a contract to collect some object from the surface of Minmus. I arrived at the location to find that the object is frozen "midair". When I get close enough to the object it unfreezes, rolls down the hillside and explodes, preventing me from fullfilling the contract. Is this contract impossible to complete?

AD07BCA6FB8EC6659EFEEDAEB19FF5CE116857B6

Your signature says that you are running 1.3.1? The newer versions of KSP do a better job of spawning objects so they don't fall much. Obviously you have a lot of mods, but upgrading your version is one possible answer to your problem.

Another possible solution is to change your Terrain Detail level in your settings. Doing that changes the slopes and altitudes of all the hillsides. So your object may not fall so far, and the hill may not be as steep.

Otherwise, yeah, you are probably out of luck on that contract.

I have KSP 1.7 (signature out of date). In the end, I entered the cheat menu with Alt + F12 and turned off collision damage or whatever it's called so it could bounce down the hill without exploding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.