Picking up stuff and adding it to EVA kerbal inventory?

I'm trying to figure out how I can have a Kerbal on EVA pick up various parts and add them back into his inventory. For some reason this continues to escape me? For an example, I have several CC-R2 connectors and a couple of CB1 ground bases I would like to pick up and put back in my Kerbal's inventory.

You are obviously running KIS as ground bases is part of that mod, you should also run KAS as they are so connected. 
If you have both KIS and KAS simply right clicking on kerbal should have an button for invetory in bottom. Simply grabbing stuff and putting them in inventory.  

Storage space in invetory has been reduced so you can not carry as large items as earlier. Also remember that only engines can use tools and they are require to add or detach stuff. 

19 hours ago, bewing said:

Are you running the KIS mod?

Yes KIS and KAS for KSP 1.6.1.

8 hours ago, magnemoe said:

You are obviously running KIS as ground bases is part of that mod, you should also run KAS as they are so connected. 
If you have both KIS and KAS simply right clicking on kerbal should have an button for invetory in bottom. Simply grabbing stuff and putting them in inventory.  

Storage space in invetory has been reduced so you can not carry as large items as earlier. Also remember that only engines can use tools and they are require to add or detach stuff. 

I can open the Kerbal's inventory window and I can "grab" the part in question with the "G" key...but I cannot get it to go into the inventory window? If I bring the item to the inventory window and "release" it...it just drops back on the ground.

Edited by Victor3

2 minutes ago, Victor3 said:

I can open the Kerbal's inventory window and I can "grab" the part in question with the "G" key...but I cannot get it to go into the inventory window?

Are you an engineer with the wrench or the electric screwdriver. Others can pick up parts on the ground or in storage but not anything attached. 

You should get an weight icon if object is above 1 ton then you need multiple kerbals nearby to help. 

7 minutes ago, Victor3 said:

I can open the Kerbal's inventory window and I can "grab" the part in question with the "G" key...but I cannot get it to go into the inventory window? If I bring the item to the inventory window and "release" it...it just drops back on the ground.

I havent used that mod for a while but it looks to me you are trying to put stuff into the new stock Inventory window thats only for the new science parts.

Which i doubt it will work.There should be a different menu for these mods.Right?

Againt havent used them for a while.

Edited by Boyster

1 minute ago, magnemoe said:

Are you an engineer with the wrench or the electric screwdriver. Others can pick up parts on the ground or in storage but not anything attached. 

You should get an weight icon if object is above 1 ton then you need multiple kerbals nearby to help. 

Yes, I am an engineer with both tools. The parts are detached and just laying on the surface of Dres.

1 minute ago, Boyster said:

I havent used that mod for a while but it looks to me you are trying to put stuff into the new stock Inventory window thats only for the new science parts.

Which i doubt it will work.There should be a different menu for these mods.Right?

Againt havent used them for a while.

I don't know...the inventory window that opens has wrenches and electric screwdrivers?

1 minute ago, Victor3 said:

Yes, I am an engineer with both tools. The parts are detached and just laying on the surface of Dres.

I don't know...the inventory window that opens has wrenches and electric screwdrivers?

Uhh its late sorry, i just read the version of your game.I am probably wrong ^_^

Anybody else know if this can be done? I'm currently grabbing objects and dropping them 2-3 meters away at a time...VERY tedious way to move things.

Never mind, figured out what I was doing wrong. I was holding down the "G" key instead of just holding it long enough to grab the item then releasing the "G" key. Once the key is released the item goes right into my inventory.

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.