KSP on PC, never modded, 1.7.3.2594 .

I got the AE-FF1.5 Airstream Protective shell for a mission, but hadn't unlocked it yet.  I had a KV-3 re-entry module inside the fairing.  I blew my fairings at the required height for the mission, then continued on to the mun orbit.  I did an EVA with my scientist, but when I tried to get him back inside the KV-3, I wouldn't get an option to board (or grab or climb).  I had no option to interact with the craft, even if my kerbal was literally bumping into the door.  I googled it, someone said going to the space center and back works.  It didn't.  Now I can't revert my flight or recover my scientist.  I have to lose many hours of progress in career mode or leave my scientist in permanent mun orbit.

6 hours ago, natx1234 said:

KSP on PC, never modded, 1.7.3.2594 .

I got the AE-FF1.5 Airstream Protective shell for a mission, but hadn't unlocked it yet.  I had a KV-3 re-entry module inside the fairing.  I blew my fairings at the required height for the mission, then continued on to the mun orbit.  I did an EVA with my scientist, but when I tried to get him back inside the KV-3, I wouldn't get an option to board (or grab or climb).  I had no option to interact with the craft, even if my kerbal was literally bumping into the door.  I googled it, someone said going to the space center and back works.  It didn't.  Now I can't revert my flight or recover my scientist.  I have to lose many hours of progress in career mode or leave my scientist in permanent mun orbit.

Your craft is maybe consider debris if it has no probe control.To fix this go to tracking station, select the craft and at right double click its name and change the vessel type.

https://imgur.com/a/xE3A59d

1)You can also use alt+f12 to cheat rendervouz/orbit to compensate about unfortunate events/bugs.

Use Time Warp to stop it spinning if it doesnt have a command probe and you bump with it.

Edited by Boyster

• 3 weeks later...

Launch a rescue pod with an engine with just enough fuel to deorbit from kerbin orbit. (not get into orbit). Use alt-f12 (or cntrl-alt-f12 if you have Nvidia) to get to the cheat menu to rondevous with the scientist. Rcs the kerbal to the pod, hop in, put yourself in kerbin orbit with the same cheat menu, and deorbit.

As it is a glitch, your "cheating karma" isn't affected :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.