KSP Window reduce automatically

Hi Everyone !

I just wonder if there was a way to avoid the auto-reduce of the KSP window ?

This is my problem : I have a second screen, which on I put some data to help me (calculator, etc...) or just a video on youtube, or facebook/messenger. Unfortunatly, when I click on something, KSP reduce automatically. And when It reduce, the game pause, as i mentioned in the settings, to avoir some ground encounters :sticktongue:... This behave either in windowed or fullscreen mode. And even when I have a notification of my antivirus or something like that...

My goal would be to be able to click on a other windows and the game continue on fullscreen without reducing and showing my desktop...

I try to do some research on the question, but I only find topic about multiple-screen (showing the map on a screen and the stage on the second for exemple, which could be awesome too ^^ ).

Edited by Fullnegi

I don't think this is KSP doing this, there must be something going on in Windows.  I have run KSP on Windows with multiple monitors in the past in Windowed mode, and it never did this.

It makes sense if you're running in Fullscreen, but if you're Windowed, it shouldn't do it.

Which version of Windows are you running?  Do it do it with any other games/programs?

Try running KSP in borderless window mode. I have three monitors and this works perfectly for me.

1) create a shortcut of the KSP.exe, not the launcher
2) right click the shortcut and go to "properties"
3) in the "target" field there should already be some text, just add a space and then add "-popupwindow" without the quotes, then apply the changes and close the properties window.
4) run KSP using this new shortcut. It should open in borderless window.

Alternatively, if you have to run KSP with the launcher, there is an option in the launcher settings to run KSP in borderless window mode.

Edited by Greenfire32

I tried the game in windowed mode and borderless window mode, but now, it just freeze when I click on another window, in game, in editor and even in loading... (even with the "simulate the game background" option).

Ok, I update the game from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3 and now, it works fine. Thanks to all ! :)

I put it in windowed mode, simulation active in background and i can click on an other windows on my second screen, and the game continue to works fine :)

Edited by Fullnegi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.