Should we make a Community Mods Wish List?

GoldForest

If we were a secret organization, we would not be foolish enough to let that secret leak to the public, now would we, right? Let us consider the possibiLity more closely. Unless Modders wanted every lIttle person making modulemaNager patches to flood them with applications to join, they would need to hide the existence of any organization. Modding the gAme has been possible for several years, so if such an organizaTion existed, its exIstence most certainly would have leaked. In this essay I will

3 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

This organization doesn't exist. After reading this, you will have forgotten every mention of it, and so will everyone in the vicinity.

Every mention of what?

On 8/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, kerbiloid said:

They are not a secret organization, but free artists doing what they want to do.

Mmmm. If that exists I wonder if they'd invite someone who's only done small contributions to a few mods, I want to be in the cool guys club.

On 8/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, kerbiloid said:

They are not a secret organization, but free artists doing what they want to do.

Are you saying I can take off my Mylar Foil Hat, now? To insinuate a hidden cabal is outrageous.

On 8/22/2019 at 12:58 AM, GoldForest said:

I know it's a little early to start talking about mods, but it doesn't hurt. And besides, modders need to know what the community wants right? So my question is...

Would it be too pre-mature to make a community wish list mod in the style of the Community Mods and Plugin Library? 

Now, for a legit response to this thread: It is far too early to bother with this kind of thing. With the current state of things (very insufficient data about what exactly KSP2 has or hasn't) I think a speculation thread is actually just provoking people to run their mouths and talk soup. Its only value, as I see it, is to keep interest in KSP2 visibly high. That said, I'm not out to crush a KSP2 hype train but there are better things to pour your energy into typing and discussing while you wait for Star Theory's next serving of game info (or shall I say... "Game Data" ;) )

Since KSP2 has not been released yet to anyone to play and review I would like to say very clearly that yes, the idea of this wishlist thing is premature. We don't know what the early-game is like and what's been added or removed compared to KSP1. But... In the spoiler I have provided a list of what mods I have found or well guessed to be built-in, from the trailers and articles I've seen so far. Indulge yourself. :P

Spoiler
  • Blast Awesomeness Modifier
    We have been promised part explosions that vary depending on the type, maybe size, and contents of each part.
  • Community Resource Pack
    It is said that there will be more resources to tend to and a greater ISRU experience so begone abstract "Ore, LiquidFuel, Oxidizer."
  • Community Tech Tree
    It's very clear that the tech tree branches out a lot more due to the interstellar themes.
  • Civilian Population
    Due to the heavy focus on population growth and the requirement of this for other gameplay mechanics to work properly. I am not listing USI MKS as pop growth there is actually only a very minor detail.
  • Extraplanetary Launchpads / Global Construction
    We are presented the idea of "going out to stay", not "going out to learn" and with that, stock ability to build off-world.
  • KAS + KIS
    It is clearly said somewhere that we'll get to carry around and deploy inflatable base parts. To do so requires an inventory system.
  • Kerbal Foundries
    It's safe to say that we're getting better wheel and leg physics. Star Theory knows what it's doing.
  • Kerbal Konstructs
    In conjunction with EL/GC above, we are getting the ability to ship cargo crates and deploy fully functioning space centers off-world.
  • Kopernicus + X remote star system mod
    We have ourselves a stock multi-star system. How many stars is unknown, but the binary lava planets Rask and Rusk, and possibly the ringed gas giant are not orbiting Kerbol. The point of the Daedalus engine ship that leaves the Jool station draws attention to that.
  • KSP Interstellar
    Look at all those sci-fi engines that you'll only find in KSP Interstellar. Just look at them.
  • Orion NPE
    Available by itself in two mods + in KSP Interstellar.
  • X visual mod combination
    Star Theory Games has very clearly raised the bar with visuals, including the sunflare, Kerbin clouds, some intense planet shine, and so on.
  • Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux
    Actually I think several of Nertea's mods have been covered due to the focus on interstellar travel.
  • Texture Replacer / Sigma Replacements: Heads
    Two female kerbals have appeared in the same scene. Each had a different hair style.
  • Textures Unlimited
    SHINY! Amirite?
  • WBI Pathfinder / USI Modular Kolonization System
    Inflatable/Deployable base modules, centrifuges and other station parts, potential industry tycoon gameplay.
  • WBI Buffalo/USI Malemute
    A complete rover body.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Now, for a legit response to this thread: It is far too early to bother with this kind of thing. With the current state of things (very insufficient data about what exactly KSP2 has or hasn't) I think a speculation thread is actually just provoking people to run their mouths and talk soup. Its only value, as I see it, is to keep interest in KSP2 visibly high. That said, I'm not out to crush a KSP2 hype train but there are better things to pour your energy into typing and discussing while you wait for Star Theory's next serving of game info (or shall I say... "Game Data" ;) )

Since KSP2 has not been released yet to anyone to play and review I would like to say very clearly that yes, the idea of this wishlist thing is premature. We don't know what the early-game is like and what's been added or removed compared to KSP1. But... In the spoiler I have provided a list of what mods I have found or well guessed to be built-in, from the trailers and articles I've seen so far. Indulge yourself. :P

Hide contents
  • Blast Awesomeness Modifier
    We have been promised part explosions that vary depending on the type, maybe size, and contents of each part.
  • Community Resource Pack
    It is said that there will be more resources to tend to and a greater ISRU experience so begone abstract "Ore, LiquidFuel, Oxidizer."
  • Community Tech Tree
    It's very clear that the tech tree branches out a lot more due to the interstellar themes.
  • Civilian Population
    Due to the heavy focus on population growth and the requirement of this for other gameplay mechanics to work properly. I am not listing USI MKS as pop growth there is actually only a very minor detail.
  • Extraplanetary Launchpads / Global Construction
    We are presented the idea of "going out to stay", not "going out to learn" and with that, stock ability to build off-world.
  • KAS + KIS
    It is clearly said somewhere that we'll get to carry around and deploy inflatable base parts. To do so requires an inventory system.
  • Kerbal Foundries
    It's safe to say that we're getting better wheel and leg physics. Star Theory knows what it's doing.
  • Kerbal Konstructs
    In conjunction with EL/GC above, we are getting the ability to ship cargo crates and deploy fully functioning space centers off-world.
  • Kopernicus + X remote star system mod
    We have ourselves a stock multi-star system. How many stars is unknown, but the binary lava planets Rask and Rusk, and possibly the ringed gas giant are not orbiting Kerbol. The point of the Daedalus engine ship that leaves the Jool station draws attention to that.
  • KSP Interstellar
    Look at all those sci-fi engines that you'll only find in KSP Interstellar. Just look at them.
  • Orion NPE
    Available by itself in two mods + in KSP Interstellar.
  • X visual mod combination
    Star Theory Games has very clearly raised the bar with visuals, including the sunflare, Kerbin clouds, some intense planet shine, and so on.
  • Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux
    Actually I think several of Nertea's mods have been covered due to the focus on interstellar travel.
  • Texture Replacer / Sigma Replacements: Heads
    Two female kerbals have appeared in the same scene. Each had a different hair style.
  • Textures Unlimited
    SHINY! Amirite?
  • WBI Pathfinder / USI Modular Kolonization System
    Inflatable/Deployable base modules, centrifuges and other station parts, potential industry tycoon gameplay.
  • WBI Buffalo/USI Malemute
    A complete rover body.

Agreed.  It's more productive to speculate on what Star Theory are adding in to the game, and to be honest, if a stack load of KSP1 players start hyping for some feature or other, ST might add it to the base game at this stage.  Mods will come later.