Double runways?!

GoldForest

I just watched the interview and saw that the new KSC not only has several different sizes of launch pads, with mobile launch towers mind you (Probably just aesthetic, no real functionality, but there are tracks on those towers), but it also has TWO runways. Yes TWO! 

My question now is... will the hanger allow us to build craft large enough to need both runways, or is it just aesthetic. If it's just aesthetic, then could someone please at launch port the hanger extender mod to KSP2 so we can make double runway wide planes! 

I know of no plane that uses two runways, in fact I think that's a stupid idea. Instead I think that two runways would be interesting from a multiplayer perspective, simultaneous launches of 2 planes!

Edited by KerikBalm

3 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

I know of no plane that uses two runways, in fact I think that's a stupid idea. Instead I think that two runways would be interesting from a multiplayer perspective, simultaneous launches of 2 planes!

What time point did you see the two runways?

During the launch of the first wobbly rocket. Also, a plane launch Saturn V would have to be HUGE!!! Double runway huge. 

Wait for the rocket to start rolling and flipping over and pause it as soon as you see the runways. Also, are those helipads near the runway?!

Edited by GoldForest

4 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

The design will definitely be taking multiplayer into account, so that would be my guess as well. 

True, but one giant plane able to launch a Saturn V is a nice prospect as well.

20 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

You can do that in KSP already, or close to it:

NOkk5JA.png

8YcJY6h.png

I have better screenshots at home, but I haven't uploaded them on imgur

Not a Saturn V, but I know. But I still want a MASSIVE plane. Double runway wide massive. I like my planes big. 

9 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Danny will show you!

(Some day......)