Speculations on what the new KSC will look like.

GoldForest

New Speculation: 

In the pre-alpha footage you can faintly make out the sound of a launch controller's voice in the background just before launch of the first rocket. 
I speculate that they have added audio countdown, in kerbalneze, to launches. 

2 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

I just want stock Raster Prop Monitor, and cockbits like what WBI can offer when ASET is installed. But I doubt we'll get it.

Not the thread to discuss what you want. Please take your wants to the hope and wishes thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 7:38 PM, GoldForest said:

No, plant scale should not be tied to difficulty, rather it should have it's own dedicated slider under the advanced menu tab. 

You mean a slider in the difficulty menu like everything else that has a slider?

2 hours ago, Voculus said:

I hope it's a placeholder, or merely one of many launch sites. I'm not a fan of having the Space Center in a swamp.

The real KSC is in one, the alligators is unpaid security guards. Then I was there we saw one in the SpaceX pad's pond 
They have to have special fences to keep them out and its rules forbidding you to jog or use an bike to the pads. 
Like lots of exclusions zones it become an nature reservation in practice. 

22 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

The real KSC is in one, the alligators is unpaid security guards.

JSC occasionally has to warn people away from gator sightings, as well.

Nowhere near as swampy as KSC, though.

• 7 months later...
11 hours ago, alberro+ said:

I want to draw some atention to the crawlers. Specifically, how they would be controlled and/or how the move.

Hide contents

kind of an old thread, but hey

im still ultra hyped

A really old thread. You necro'd it back to life. 

Crawlers aren't on topic for this thread. There aren't even crawlers in KSP 2. The crawler the tower is attached to is an inanimate object.

On 8/22/2019 at 12:18 PM, Tw1 said:

I do hope Kerbin is roughly the same. An overhauled one, but still with the same maps you see in all the fan content.

Yeah. Maybe they don’t want Kerbin to “just be Libnoise’s example planet” anymoar, but I personally hope that the Kerbol system stays roughly the same.

i do want the Sun to finally be renamed tho

I don't think they'll move the launch site off the equator; it would be tricky for beginners. It will probably be on the east coast of continent. I hope they use roughly the same map, whatever else they do. The current one has three, maybe four, good locations for a launch site on the equator with lots of ocean to the east; they are the desert to the west of the KSC, the Korea-shaped peninsula to the east, just across the bay which contains the island airfield, and some spots in the Crater Sea, waaay to the east of KSC. Although we can't entirely rule out an inland launch site (privyet, Baikonur Cosmodrome), I don't think the devs would use one for KSC itself. With the addition of multiplayer, I think the other locations like Baikerbanur and Woomerang will get reworked as full launch sites as well.

10 hours ago, SOXBLOX said:

I don't think they'll move the launch site off the equator; it would be tricky for beginners. It will probably be on the east coast of continent. I hope they use roughly the same map, whatever else they do. The current one has three, maybe four, good locations for a launch site on the equator with lots of ocean to the east; they are the desert to the west of the KSC, the Korea-shaped peninsula to the east, just across the bay which contains the island airfield, and some spots in the Crater Sea, waaay to the east of KSC. Although we can't entirely rule out an inland launch site (privyet, Baikonur Cosmodrome), I don't think the devs would use one for KSC itself. With the addition of multiplayer, I think the other locations like Baikerbanur and Woomerang will get reworked as full launch sites as well.

They've already confirmed its in almost the same location, just a face lift for the terrain.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this the other day, but it looks like the runway island is still in the game! I may be wrong, but for a brief second you can see the island it sits on