Part tilted on a random axis on loading

t8Emo4K.png

Everytime i do big-ish crafts and then reload them (even from a quicksave) they load with all the parts off axis in a random direction like in the screenshot

Installed mods:

-Stage Recovery

-FMRS

-Restock and Restock +

-All Near Future mods updated to 1.7.3

-Making History and Breaking ground

KSP.log: https://pastebin.com/h3m0KkT2

I had this problem once before with my last save with an old version, but I have deleted and re-downloaded the game and this is a fresh save.

Super annoying bug, still present. Sometimes quicksave and re-loading untangles the mess.

Never heard about a fix, nor a definite cause for this. AFAIK it happens in stock installs too.

Sorry I cant be of any help here.

22 hours ago, Dafni said:

Sometimes quicksave and re-loading untangles the mess.

I had this on my original ship launched from the KSC, when i loaded the vessel to dock the engine part it started rotating with the parts tilted.

After that I tried with this one, cheated into orbit already docked and now everytime I load that  vessel it's bugged, no amount of reloading solved the issue.

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

I had this on my original ship launched from the KSC, when i loaded the vessel to dock the engine part it started rotating with the parts tilted.

After that I tried with this one, cheated into orbit already docked and now everytime I load that  vessel it's bugged, no amount of reloading solved the issue.

I feel your pain. I have some craft that I abandoned because of this bug. Wish it could get resolved.

Again sorry I cannot help you.

Maybe just pretend it was a micro meteorite strike and move on? This helped me digest many KSP bugs in the past. It sucks but it is what it is. KSP.

1 minute ago, Dafni said:

I feel your pain. I have some craft that I abandoned because of this bug. Wish it could get resolved.

Again sorry I cannot help you.

Maybe just pretend it was a micro meteorite strike and move on? This helped me digest many KSP bugs in the past. It sucks but it is what it is. KSP.

I reloaded only the lining module in a new sandbox game, orbited with cheats and quicksaved-quickloaded and all the SSPXr were tilded or ofcentered, now I've asked directly in the topic of the mod, it seems to be a something actually wrong with my game the bug is too consistent to be a random kraken attack

3 minutes ago, Master39 said:

I reloaded only the lining module in a new sandbox game, orbited with cheats and quicksaved-quickloaded and all the SSPXr were tilded or ofcentered, now I've asked directly in the topic of the mod, it seems to be a something actually wrong with my game the bug is too consistent to be a random kraken attack

TBH I havent had that bug myself since 1.3.1, but back then it was quite common. Some attributed it to heavy part clipping.

Then a bit later came a very similar bug that mostly affected landing gear and was attributed to Kerbals in command seats upon reloading or something like that.

Now it seems to be back. So you never had it with a complete stock craft?

When I get the time I will try to recreate it. That's really all I can do for you. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge and time will chime in soon!

Today I uninstalled every mod, deleted CKAN, verified game files with steam (2 files redownloaded, I don't know which) and re-installed everything manually.

The bug is still there on old quicksaves and ships but I rebuilt the same exact ship and it has no problems now.

I dont't know what solved the issue but I know that from now I will install any mod manually.

If fired up a backup to before this mess and relaunched and assembled the KSS Phoenix without problems, now I'm ready for Duna

ads6ds2.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.