Is Kerbal Space Program 2 a Simple Rockets 2 copy or....

VoidCosmos

Is Kerbal Space Program 2 a Simple Rockets 2 copy  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Kerbal Space Program 2 a Simple Rockets 2 copy

• No! Not at all!
    • Hmm... They do look similar
    • Yes... Maybe

The title says it all. 

Basically, I have seen a previous post where the flight UI of the sequel of Kerbal Space Program (which is KSP 2)was shown. It looked quite similar to SR 2.

Please write your opinion down below.

Edited by Nigel J. Cardozo

I mean, it's darker and more minimalist than KSP 1, which is closer to SR 2, but I can't call it a copy.  I'm not super familiar with SR2 myself, but it looks like there's more data in KSP2's screen, and ultimately you're going to see a lot of the same features because that's how flight instruments work: you need velocity, heading, etc so of course there will be similarities, but calling it a copy is a bit too far IMO.

SR 2 is built with the intention of moving to a mobile platform. Hence, the PC release is where all the bugs are hammered out. Most likely, to optimise for mobile devices, the controls are built with touchscreens in mind, and to save on parts, models, textures and data, everything is procedural.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Pick one:

1. No. I don't see a huge obtrusive navigation sphere UI around every craft in the KSP2.
  2. No, they're both copies of KSP.

1. No. I don't see a huge obtrusive navigation sphere UI around every craft in the KSP2. 

Like KSP

I still wonder whether you can torture play around with those kerbals..... 

Edited by Nigel J. Cardozo

they are all just orbiter clones. which in of itself is a clone of lunar lander which in turn harks back to asteriods. 

its like trying to find the roots of something like black metal. norway claims that they invented it, but they were copying a lot of extreme metal bands from the '86 explosion, but then celtic frost beat them all by a year. then of course they are all copying bathory which got started in '83. and then you got venom which coined the name of the genre in '82. they are all exploring themes initiated by black sabbath in the 70s. and of course sonically the sound comes from the acid rock band cromagnon, with their song caledonia. dig even deeper and your listening to the ring cycle and the opera faust which was the first use of what we would call death vocals that i could find. idk what people before the mid 19th century did for their black metal fix. but im sure if i jumped in that rabbit hole id would find another one at the bottom.

Edited by Nuke

The big difference between KSP and Simple Rockets line of game is the presence (and respectively, lack of) soft-joint physics. Soft-joint physics allow your craft to bend at the part joints from external stresses.

But is soft-joint physics a good idea or not ? I guess I'll leave that question to each individual.

On 8/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, Nuke said:

they are all just orbiter clones. which in of itself is a clone of lunar lander which in turn harks back to asteriods. 

its like trying to find the roots of something like black metal. norway claims that they invented it, but they were copying a lot of extreme metal bands from the '86 explosion, but then celtic frost beat them all by a year. then of course they are all copying bathory which got started in '83. and then you got venom which coined the name of the genre in '82. they are all exploring themes initiated by black sabbath in the 70s. and of course sonically the sound comes from the acid rock band cromagnon, with their song caledonia. dig even deeper and your listening to the ring cycle and the opera faust which was the first use of what we would call death vocals that i could find. idk what people before the mid 19th century did for their black metal fix. but im sure if i jumped in that rabbit hole id would find another one at the bottom.

This might be the most unexpected careening off topic tangent I have ever read.   :D   Kudos.  Have a like for the awesomeness of that post.   Now get back on topic :P.  

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

This might be the most unexpected careening off topic tangent I have ever read.   :D   Kudos.  Have a like for the awesomeness of that post.   Now get back on topic :P.  

i was describing a relevant phenomena in an out of context way. thus is the nature of rabit holes. 

i also couldn't think of any pre-orbiter newtonian space flight games or i would have used a more on context example. then caledonia came up in my play list, and i was like this song came out the same year as the moon landing. and i found my analogy.

now i wonder if dark matter is rabbits.

Edited by Nuke

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

i also couldn't think of any pre-orbiter newtonian space flight games or i would have used a more on context example.

Did Orbiter utilize soft-joint physics ?

22 hours ago, Nuke said:

i was describing a relevant phenomena in an out of context way. thus is the nature of rabit holes. 

i also couldn't think of any pre-orbiter newtonian space flight games or i would have used a more on context example. then caledonia came up in my play list, and i was like this song came out the same year as the moon landing. and i found my analogy.

now i wonder if dark matter is rabbits.

dark_matter.png

Shush Shush... NOW back on topic..... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.