Current PC setups.

That's a question that can't be answered with out seeing the min specs for KSP2. The systems people use to run KSP run the gambit from old laptops to modern pro grade workstations. Too much variation in system setups to answer a simple yes or no.

KSP 2.0 is said to still be using Unity, which implies less hardware requirements than your typical AAA game.  No idea if they plan on replacing the physics engine (almost certainly not if remaining on Unity), but that would at least give them the options of using double precision and more threads.  I'd assume that you want a few cores (although an i3 with 2 cores and HT might be enough) and a fairly high clockspeed.

If they want to include the colonies as shown, there will have to be some drastic changes to the physics model.  No computer designed could run that many kerbal objects through the unity physics engine without grinding to a complete halt (I'd assume that anything planted in the ground will be "physicsless" until something bumps into it: presumably any crashes would use a model similar to crashing into KSC).

On 8/24/2019 at 8:41 AM, ShawnPhillips said:

I just built a new PC with an i9-9900k and RTX 2080 Super, I'd hope it can handle KSP2.

Don't worry I'm sure it can handle it! Would you recommend a AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT its pretty much the same offering.