How will the developers handle consoles?

From what I've seen the console release of KSP 1 wasn't much of a success, the game was half baked and is still many updates behind with many bugs and performance issues, console CPU's simply cannot handle games this demanding, how do you think they'll handle KSP 2 on consoles and what are the chances it could be a success/failure?

Well, for one, this is likely going to be a larger team, with some more experienced developers, particularly in the console space.  No offense to Squad, they did a great job with the PC version but the outsourcing of console development obviously could have gone better.  I have a feeling that Private Division and Star Theory will keep it in house and have better luck.   

On top of that, count on this game being more optimized on all platforms.  It’s being built from the ground up with these expectations this time, and will certainly help with performance on all systems.  And don’t underestimate the processing power of these consoles.  They might not match up with the highest end CPUs PCs can run, but they’re still fairly possible.

Finally, I think there is a chance that KSP 2 doesn’t come out for this generation.  Star Theory has said KSP2 comes to PC in Spring of 2020, and that consoles will come later, but they haven’t provided much more detail than that.  I could very well be wrong, but I wonder if they could be holding off for next gen consoles.  We’ll have to wait and see.