Perfomance of KSP 2 in a laptop

TonybM

Kerbal Space Program Breaking Ground is even more devastating on laptops, and seeing the anonymous band of KSP 2, I see that the version is going to be heavy compare to the RAM of the laptop PCs. if possible try to make a version that would fit a laptop.
Thank you!

3 hours ago, TonybM said:

Kerbal Space Program Breaking Ground is even more devastating on laptops, and seeing the anonymous band of KSP 2, I see that the version is going to be heavy compare to the RAM of the laptop PCs. if possible try to make a version that would fit a laptop.
Thank you!

They won't make a specific laptop version. 

They will add the ability to downgrade graphics so that your laptop could run it though. 

TonybM, I don't want to discourage you, but I seriously doubt Star Theory is going to make and maintain multiple separate versions of KSP 2.
Squad did the same thing for a while with an 32-bit and 64-bit version. In the end they stopped with the 32-bit version as that was getting used less and less by people and they wanted to go forwards.

I do know where you're coming from. I myself can barely run KSP on my old potato right now. I am already at ease with the fact that I probably won't be able to run KSP2, but this is the way it's always been in gaming, PC or console.

Edited by T-Bouw
Got a weird font.

My understanding is that the problem with KSP 1 is that it’s CPU intensive, and that KSP 2 will perform much better on CPUs, but the graphics will be much more intensive with KSP 2 - though you will probably be able to play at lower resolutions and play with other options to improve performance.

KSP1 is essentially a lone developer's overgrown, space-themed playground without optimization in mind, only added after the fact because of a broad range of computers (and their performances).

KSP2 is developed by people who already have lots of experience in programming games from the get-go.

I'm positive the game has been designed with the goal of high optimization before the first line of code was even thought of, especially because the quality of the graphics has seen a dramatic improvement.