Mods that will be stock?

Nightside

I haven’t seen a thread like this yet...

What mods will become stock in KSP2?

So far: 

Interstellar/ Far Future Tech: Fusion/Nuke engines

Kerbal Konstructs/: Buildable cities,

Extraplanetary Launchpads: offworld launchesites

EVE: Clouds

KS3P: Heavy postprocessing seems to be present in videos

What else?

Edited by Nightside
added some

EVE

Smokescreen/RealPlume

Modular Kolonization System... ish

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Would not be surprised to see life support but that's just speculation

(Insert interstellar-themed planet mod here)

Probably Kopernicus- they mentioned improved nodding ability and I would not be surprised if that included planet modding

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

58 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Would not be surprised to see life support but that's just speculation

What I saw made it sound like they were explicitly avoiding life support, at least for colonies. 
Something like, colonies can be ignored or forgotten, but will be ok if you decide to return.

Really excited about the improved rocket plume effects though.

A lower barrier to entry on making planets would also bring a lot of people to the modding scene. There is obviously a lot of interest.

3 hours ago, Nightside said:

What I saw made it sound like they were explicitly avoiding life support, at least for colonies. 
Something like, colonies can be ignored or forgotten, but will be ok if you decide to return.

Really excited about the improved rocket plume effects though.

A lower barrier to entry on making planets would also bring a lot of people to the modding scene. There is obviously a lot of interest.

Agree about no life support, an lack of greenhouses. With them an colony could be self supported even supply ships with food. 

5 hours ago, Nightside said:

That would render the whole colony aspect irrelevant. If colonizing would only mean to plop down some stuctures then there's no advantage to KSP 1.

9 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

That would render the whole colony aspect irrelevant. If colonizing would only mean to plop down some stuctures then there's no advantage to KSP 1.

There's some: Being able to set up a new VAB & launchpad would be good, especially if you're able to do so lightyears from Kerbol.  EL mostly works, but isn't quite the same.  Even better if you can recruit from that colony.  Also, from what we've seen they have addressed the issue of things not on absolutely flat surfaces being likely to move/explode over time.

6 minutes ago, DStaal said:

There's some: Being able to set up a new VAB & launchpad would be good, especially if you're able to do so lightyears from Kerbol.  EL mostly works, but isn't quite the same.  Even better if you can recruit from that colony.  Also, from what we've seen they have addressed the issue of things not on absolutely flat surfaces being likely to move/explode over time.

This, an fully developed colony is likely to be self supported on life support. 
Exception might be orbital ones but looking at the size you could probably easy stock them with 100 year of fertilizer and other raw materials. 
Ships on the other hand require attention.

I uses TAC life support with extra mods, an base with greenhouse only consume water at an very slow rate, it will use ore for fertilizer. An large ship will have water cleansers and co2 scrubbers reducing the water and oxygen use to 10%, an small single kerbal or short trip ship will not carry this. 

Would love KSP2 to have at least some simple life support as this would be an good hook for mods to plug into. 

1 hour ago, Angleton said:

I hope that Kerbal Engineer and MechJeb will be stock.

I hope that mechjeb will not be stock... and thus one of the oldest arguments in the game is re-ignited...

Anyway, Planetshine also. You can see it in some footage and it was mentioned in an interview somewhere.

EDIT: I forget the name, but the mod that lets you thrust during time warp

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

1 hour ago, EchoLima said:

Tilt 'Em- axial tilt

Was this confirmed?

49 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

When a sat coms relay system is in orbit it should be able to output a GPS too. (points of interest, glide slopes, waypoint manager style)

Is this confirmed or a wish?

On 8/24/2019 at 5:39 AM, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Smokescreen/RealPlume

Where do you see this? If anything, developers again failed to take nice variable plumes into account. Plumes again remain unchanged regardless of pressure.

3 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

Where do you see this? If anything, developers again failed to take nice variable plumes into account. Plumes again remain unchanged regardless of pressure.

I honestly can't imagine to play KSP without RealPlume anymore. It's sad to see that they didn't implement something like it into KSP2 but atleast the plume isn't the blue cone it was anymore.

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Given that there's an Orion Drive in the trailer - no bet.  :D 

Well I mend using the Original Orion Drive assets which in my opionion are much more realistic looking than what I saw in the trailer which seemed like a miniaturized version (5m?) the real Orion Drive

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Well I mend using the Original Orion Drive assets which in my opionion are much more realistic looking than what I saw in the trailer which seemed like a miniaturized version (5m?) the real Orion Drive

Perhaps they are using Kerbal equivalent shoulder launched nuclear devices? ;)

I didn't post to this topic, how did.... O.

In answer, yes, I do intend to port the Orion over to ksp2. Details will need to wait. But I will be aiming at the 10m(kerbalized to 6+m) and the 86 foot thing. Maybe the momentum limited interstellar dyson fusion Orion as well for giggles.

Just now, Curveball Anders said:

Remember that mods have one strength over stock.
You can chose to add them.

Se Lex.Firefox of adding crud to stock, and mods to remove idiotic stock features.

You can technically remove stock parts too, just make sure to save them in a backup folder :P