Did anybody else realize the Kerbals that land on the Mun in the KSP 2 trailer are now stuck?

GoldForest

Unless they have a second vehicle coming to pick them up... and I'm not talking about Jeb breaking the landing craft. I mean, they have no way to get back to Kerbin, even if they reach Kerbin again. I saw no reentry pod, no heatshield, nothing that would insinuate that they can go home. 

And I know, "It's just a trailer." 

I nick pick some times. 

But, yeah, Jeb and Val are stuck not only on the Mun, but they will also be stuck in space. 

Kerbals, never thinking ahead right? 

3 minutes ago, RocketSimplicity said:

Didn’t they show another craft in orbit (That I guess is the return module or a space station)?

No, they showed the lander detaching from the muner transfer vehicle, which I suspect has a docking port on the front to allow the lander to dock and return to Kerbin. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I mean, they have no way to get back to Kerbin, even if they reach Kerbin again. I saw no reentry pod, no heatshield, nothing that would insinuate that they can go home. 

Who said Kerbin was home? The whole mission could have been launched from a colony elsewhere. Heck, can we even be sure that they didn't just land by their own colony on the Mun, just off screen?

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

(...) I saw no reentry pod, no heatshield, nothing that would insinuate that they can go home.

When you look carefully at the LM used by Armstrong, Aldrin, and the men that followed them you don't see a reentry pod or heatshield either.

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

On a lonely planet, slowly spinning its way to damnation amid the incompetence and unpreparedness of lesser space programs, One team stands resilient against the herds! Putting their lives on the line to aid those who were previously unaware of the quicksave option, Yes, it's the incredible adventures of Jebediah and his crack team of Kerbalnauts! They are, The Blunderbirds! Saving the Kerbin race one stranded explorer at time.

26 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

When you look carefully at the LM used by Armstrong, Aldrin, and the men that followed them you don't see a reentry pod or heatshield either.

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

Okay, but if you look at the pod while it's still attached to the muner transfer vehicle. And there's no return pod on there. But I suspect the lander is also a reentry pod as the thuds aren't used on the mun