All parts are enabled from the start of the career (is this intended?). this seems like it is due to all the parts being assigned to the initial tech tree node ( this may be intended). all the parts on this initial node are automatically unlocked. (using 0.6.1 and ksp 1.8.1, w/ no other mods)

Ah I quite like this mod. I have a suggestion though, I just don't know it it's easy or even possible: Is there a way to make the engine have 0 thrust when throttle is at 0? Right now, when you zero your throttle, the engine is at minimum thrust. What if instead of switching the engine on and off we could just zero the throttle, and from something like 5% upwards, it starts at minimum thrust?

I'm saying this because I like to play with mechjeb, and it won't be able to perform maneuvers correctly with your mod installed. My suggestion would keep the minimum thrust, just would make handling your ship more convenient.

EDIT: Also, with engines off, the dV display doesn't work

Edited by Vegetal
9 hours ago, Lu K. said:

I'd suggest asking the mechjeb dev about that one though honestly it's more a case of laziness on the part of the KSP devs that is causing these issues.

The dV display you say? Because if the engine could be always on, all of those issues would be gone. Maybe using thrust curves....I'm gonna research a little, after all, it's all module manager patches.

Edited by Vegetal

Nice idea here. The thrust stuff would break a few other addons, as already mentioned, but I like the R&D and engine cost changes a lot.

Any thoughts about adding a toggle to enable/disable the thrust limitation on the mod for those who'd like to keep using it through MechJeb and whatnot? I'd love to try everything else.

Could possibly add on/off toggles to all the feature sets to let people mix and match what they'd like to change.

This mod is unplayable with Kerbalism or any other mod that makes lifter engines have only one or two ignitions.
Please increase contract payout for contracts (other than testing engines) to account for the amount of money we must throw away in lifter engines every mission. I really like your tech tree and other parts of this mod, but contract payouts should be multiplied by the same amount that engine costs are or the space program cannot survive.

Also I suggest alternative methods for using science such as to "buy" kerbal experience points with science points and to upgrade the parts. You could also turn the tech tree into a tech line and just have tech levels that require increasingly more science. This may actually be more mod friendly than most other tech trees because of the tech level part category

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract
  • Snark locked this topic