[1.7.3] Eskandare Aerospace 0.0.5.1 [BETA]

Eskandare

On 8/30/2019 at 8:00 AM, Violet_Wyvern said:

Just build this baby and soaring the sky...

It's fully loaded and armed , And it's beautiful...

Pretty decent looking build.

7 hours ago, Sebastiaz said:

This V-22 cockpit was well worth the wait my man. Excellent mod, can't wait to see what comes out of it in the future! :D  

On a second note, is it possible to update the standalone osprey rotors so they're able to fold? ^^

That's a really good looking build. I don't plan on doing any changes or updates on the old KRX rotors.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:05 AM, Cruss said:

Heya! I've tried these parts but noticed they are not FAR compatible.

I checked to see how the m2x expansion pack did it and it seemed fairly easy, requiring only 2 MM manager patches, although these do not touch the rotors. Mainly because I wouldn't know what would happen. 

@PART[EHI_*]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]

{

@minimum_drag = 0

@maximum_drag = 0

@angular_drag = 0

!MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface]{}

}

^ copy and paste twice and change EHI to EA for the sr 71 cockpit. In a mm patch wherever you like. I chose to create a patches folder in the eskandare folder and put it there.

I've tested it and it should work, except for the rotor parts. 

Edit: lift indicator for rotors does not show a lift arrow now but I was under the impression they where named differently. 

Thank you for creating a FAR patch, the rotors are just engines generating thrust. I haven't decided if I wanted to make rotors based off of stock BG rotors. The main issue would be how the mast would move to fold the blades, and lack of sounds?

Edited by Eskandare

35 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Thank you for creating a FAR patch, the rotors are just engines generation thrust. I haven't decided if I wanted to make rotors based off of stock BG rotors. The main issue would be how the mast would move to fold the blades, and lack of sounds?

Anytime! 

I'm assuming the sounds are added by Squad eventually.

How exactly do the rotors fold? For (collective) pitch? I personally don't play much with rotors and heli's...

2 minutes ago, Cruss said:

Anytime! 

I'm assuming the sounds are added by Squad eventually.

How exactly do the rotors fold? For (collective) pitch? I personally don't play much with rotors and heli's...

Mine are just an animation that moves the visual mesh and collider meshes into a folded position. 

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

Mine are just an animation that moves the visual mesh and collider meshes into a folded position. 

You'd have to seperate the fold functionality to the blades. Might lead to symmetry issues? (Kallyson explorer)

As for the others, you could make a base unit that refers to the way it folds up/collapses, then have stand alone blades with no folding functionality for those(main rotors)

Edited by Cruss

If you're making some animated parts,  It would be pretty awesome to have some swing wings. Like the RAF Tornado, you could make it so that the swing into a delta position at high speeds to increase control. You can kind of make this using the hinges, but it's messy and difficult to get right. and it's not very portable. And to my knowledge, there's not anything similar in other mods.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, H3xx said:

If you're making some animated parts,  It would be pretty awesome to have some swing wings. Like the RAF Tornado, you could make it so that the swing into a delta position at high speeds to increase control. You can kind of make this using the hinges, but it's messy and difficult to get right. and it's not very portable. And to my knowledge, there's not anything similar in other mods.

Tornado cockpit and F-101 Voodoo, and F-104 are being planned. I don't know if I'll do wings as they really don't do much as just an animation, the servos moving wings changes the COL and COM a bit and some of the drag cube angle a tiny bit.

6 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

im so glad to see freddys kr71 cockpit continued!! This mod will be a must have alongside airplane plus as you suggested, well done!!

Freddy's KR-71 is finally going to have an IVA too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 9:52 AM, Eskandare said:

I don't know if I'll do wings as they really don't do much as just an animation, the servos moving wings changes the COL and COM a bit and some of the drag cube angle a tiny bit.

Maybe the swing wing kit should include 3 parts: a wing root with integrated BG servo, a wing and aileron.

Pros: no need for a plugin that will move the COL and COM
Cons: needs BG, wobbly as all BG parts.

Edited by Manul

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 4:55 AM, flamerboy67664 said:

Hey @Eskandere, nice mod man!

Where could I get the craft files for the nice planes in the sample planes pictures?

I haven't uploaded them to my KerbalX page yet. I should probably do that soon.

If somebody want to use TweakScale with all parts in this pack, just put this file(https://mega.nz/#!b0I1hYwQ!oW6PfavXi9DFo_n0BxBZkP3qXgTFsaYSA75iqdhOu0w) in \\Game Data\TweakScale\patches\ folder and here you go scale freely EVERYTHING! Have fun! :cool:

And if you have some problem with anything -because its just a quick addon- please reply and I fix it. Thanks! :) 

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, V8jester said:

Just stumbled across this and wanted say. Thank you!

I thought this mod bit the big one, and just realized the name changed. Super excited to rebuild and update a couple old crafts

@V8jester I wondered where you'd been. Good to see you back. Thank you, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:03 AM, Minyon69 said:

If somebody want to use TweakScale with all parts in this pack, just put this file(https://mega.nz/#!b0I1hYwQ!oW6PfavXi9DFo_n0BxBZkP3qXgTFsaYSA75iqdhOu0w) in \\Game Data\TweakScale\patches\ folder and here you go scale freely EVERYTHING! Have fun! :cool:

And if you have some problem with anything -because its just a quick addon- please reply and I fix it. Thanks! :) 

Cool! But be warned I'll be fixing a few things and adding a few IVAs soon. Work has been busy so I haven't had too much time, but soon I'll have more content. 

Hey @Eskandare While I was mucking about last night rebuilding some of my aircraft for 1.7.3. I noticed that a couple of the 3m hull segments were duplicated. I believe those were supposed to be the 3.5m segments. Otherwise, really loving the new Osprey Nacelles. And the adjustments you made to the scale of some of the command pods.

I now have a much better sense of scale between my V-22, KC-10 and KC-130 when they’re flying next to one another.

If I could make a selfish request for down the road? I built a C-5 last night. Using the Antanov system in SXT. And it works... But it would be really nice to have a better tail ramp with the side opening flaps. And a better profile when taking off and not dragging tail on such a large plane. I scaled everything up to 5m and it’s scale looked about right to my other planes. A flatter nose / fuselage with that cleaner integrated ramp in the front would also be fantastic! For wider loads, and overall lower profile when landed. But hey this is also KSP, there is always another way to build something ;)

Great work man! Really digging the mod!

Edited by V8jester

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 7:51 AM, V8jester said:

Hey @Eskandare While I was mucking about last night rebuilding some of my aircraft for 1.7.3. I noticed that a couple of the 3m hull segments were duplicated. I believe those were supposed to be the 3.5m segments. Otherwise, really loving the new Osprey Nacelles. And the adjustments you made to the scale of some of the command pods.

I now have a much better sense of scale between my V-22, KC-10 and KC-130 when they’re flying next to one another.

If I could make a selfish request for down the road? I built a C-5 last night. Using the Antanov system in SXT. And it works... But it would be really nice to have a better tail ramp with the side opening flaps. And a better profile when taking off and not dragging tail on such a large plane. I scaled everything up to 5m and it’s scale looked about right to my other planes. A flatter nose / fuselage with that cleaner integrated ramp in the front would also be fantastic! For wider loads, and overall lower profile when landed. But hey this is also KSP, there is always another way to build something ;)

Great work man! Really digging the mod!

I have partial work made on the Mk V fuselage, basically a Kerbal C-5. I hope to have that done in the near future.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:28 PM, CardboardGuy said:

does anyone know if this works on 1.8.x?

It should work in 1.8.x because it is just parts.  Just update the plugin with @Angel-125s new version of his Kerbal Actuators plugin.

Edited by Eskandare

I have to say, great mod! I really enjoy the variety of cockpits included with the mod, I've built a couple of real life aircraft to try them out.

Also I'm interested to see the new cockpits you're planning to add, plus with the nuclear engines and the KRX rotors coming back.

And, little question, Do you plan on adding in more engines aside from the nuclear ones and the rotors? (such as other new jet engines?)

Edited by Audiobotguy03

Hello,

I'm so happy  that i found this mod! love making replicas (as i work in an air museum in the UK) but i'm always limited by cockpits. Don't mean to be rude but do you think that an airliner cockpit would be possible in the future? like the A350? or maybe the 777. Those would be absolutely amazing