[1.7.3] Eskandare Aerospace 0.0.5.1 [BETA]

Eskandare

On 12/7/2019 at 4:08 PM, Audiobotguy03 said:

I have to say, great mod! I really enjoy the variety of cockpits included with the mod, I've built a couple of real life aircraft to try them out.

Also I'm interested to see the new cockpits you're planning to add, plus with the nuclear engines and the KRX rotors coming back.

And, little question, Do you plan on adding in more engines aside from the nuclear ones and the rotors? (such as other new jet engines?)

Thank you! I'm mostly trying going for stock-alike esque styled cockpits of the actual cockpits, with that, borrowing [citation and credit to the creators] a few IVA bits to achieve this.

The nuclear aircraft propulsion engines will have a bit of a face lift, well, mainly new models and configs. KRX rotors are slowly returning with the more detailed models similar to the SH-3 rotor. I was debating on making ones that work like the new stock ones. the complexity looks like a fun challenge, but it'll come later. 

I'll Be adding more engines, a variation of @blackheart612's C-130 engine, mainly just a reskin for the blades. An engine based off the Convair B-36 Peacemaker engine, and maybe a few others. There are a ton of fixes I still need to make for the mod and still all the cockpits. So I have a lot ahead of me.

On 12/8/2019 at 2:52 PM, Clasher236 said:

Add F-100 super saber cockpit and maybe F-86 cockpit pls.

May be a possibility in the future.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:54 PM, Jafizal said:

Hello,

I'm so happy  that i found this mod! love making replicas (as i work in an air museum in the UK) but i'm always limited by cockpits. Don't mean to be rude but do you think that an airliner cockpit would be possible in the future? like the A350? or maybe the 777. Those would be absolutely amazing

I have a couple of civil cockpits and I may release them. I'll look into them after the MK-V is completed. 

Edited by Eskandare

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI, I am running 1.8.1. That being said I noticed the KR-71 has a strange offset for CoM. is this something that can be tweaked somehow? the CoM looks like where the rear attachment node is. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it intended?

Id also like the point out that although not perfect..at all... the kr-71 doesnt currently have an IVA. I went ahead and copied over the 'raven' internal module from Mk2X mod and I can now go EVA and view the cockpit from the inside. I chose this internal because from a model perspective its almost identical in shape..amount of windows and placement of said windows. I think the kr-71 deserves its own IVA however..I dont know how to make em..so this was my workaround.....its not that bad of a quick-fix i say lol. At least I can go EVA now without doing a crew transfer or having an extra kerbal compartment. The IVA itself seems incomplete but I dont really care much. Regardless that would be an MK2X issue. 

Edited by Jesusthebird

1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

Just an FYI, I am running 1.8.1. That being said I noticed the KR-71 has a strange offset for CoM. is this something that can be tweaked somehow? the CoM looks like where the rear attachment node is. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it intended?

Id also like the point out that although not perfect..at all... the kr-71 doesnt currently have an IVA. I went ahead and copied over the 'raven' internal module from Mk2X mod and I can now go EVA and view the cockpit from the inside. I chose this internal because from a model perspective its almost identical in shape..amount of windows and placement of said windows. I think the kr-71 deserves its own IVA however..I dont know how to make em..so this was my workaround.....its not that bad of a quick-fix i say lol. At least I can go EVA now without doing a crew transfer or having an extra kerbal compartment. The IVA itself seems incomplete but I dont really care much. Regardless that would be an MK2X issue. 

The CoM at the back of the cockpit is intended that way. I've thought of changing it forward a little bit since I've been abstractly setting the CoM of the part where the average mass of the seats, electronics, etc. are located. I think I had some logic for the CoM being at the attach node, or I forgot to move it forward. Eh... i'll be probably be changing it next update.

Edited by Eskandare

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Tycho7 said:

Hi! Sorry to be a bother but are there any plans on continuing development for this mod? I understand IVA's can take a lot of time so no bother if it takes a long while. Really enjoying it! Cheers :)

I'm certainly still developing this mod. Yes, IVA's do take a bit of time. I'm working out a new work flow to speed up the IVA process. Really it is no different from making any other part, just the inside. I have another project where I am making a much more complicated, texture and model wise, IVA. I've mostly been practicing the process, where the fruits of my labor are in the mod. So be patient, I have a lot ahead of me but it will be all worth it.

2 hours ago, Eskandare said:

I'm certainly still developing this mod. Yes, IVA's do take a bit of time. I'm working out a new work flow to speed up the IVA process. Really it is no different from making any other part, just the inside. I have another project where I am making a much more complicated, texture and model wise, IVA. I've mostly been practicing the process, where the fruits of my labor are in the mod. So be patient, I have a lot ahead of me but it will be all worth it.

Awesome!! looking forward to it, take your time. :)

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled upon this mod while looking for cockpit mods, and I can already tell that this is going to be a fine addition to my collection an amazing mod to use in conjunction with Airplane Plus. A+ is the main reason I play KSP half the time and I honestly cannot wait for more cockpits to be added to this mod. May I request an F9F Cougar cockpit, an F3D Skyknight cockpit, and an F3 Demon Cockpit (after you finish the MK-V)? Also I second the F-86 and F-100 requests.

Edit: Also an F-104, F-105, Vulcan, and maybe some inline cockpits would be nice.

Edited by Skywalket
More requests

Amazing mod. 

If I may, I second the suggestions for an F104 and Vulcan,  and also suggest a Panavia Tormado and English Electric Lightning (possibly with a built in intake).

Aside from that, this is an amazing mod, excited for its future.

Edited by LF_Ion

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 9:07 AM, kerbalaviator said:

Does this mod work with 1.10?  Super cool looking and would love to use.

It should...its just a basic parts pack.
Just make sure you delete the MiniAVC.dll file (causes problems in the last couple KSP updates), *and* make sure to NOT install the included WildBlue Ind. folder, but install the latest of version of it instead.

Hi everyone, my computer has been down for a couple of months. I should be receiving new parts soon. Hopefully I'll be back in action shortly.

On 8/15/2020 at 3:14 PM, Kerbalwings said:

Eskandare are you still working on this mod?

Yes I am, but my machine has been down for a couple of months. I hope I'll be up and running again soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Eskandare, first of all thank you very much for releasing this mod! My Osprey build wasn't achieving enough thrust with Airplanes Plus rotors, and your V-22 rotors seemed to have done the trick!

There is only one issue. While, functionally, the rotors do work and generate thrust, they do not animate and are stuck in this position. Seen in both 1.10 and 1.11.

lEiw0Eg.png

On 2/4/2021 at 8:56 AM, bvsveera said:

Hi @Eskandare, first of all thank you very much for releasing this mod! My Osprey build wasn't achieving enough thrust with Airplanes Plus rotors, and your V-22 rotors seemed to have done the trick!

There is only one issue. While, functionally, the rotors do work and generate thrust, they do not animate and are stuck in this position. Seen in both 1.10 and 1.11.

lEiw0Eg.png

I haven't tested this with the current version of KSP. The main thing is to be sure that you have the current version of @Angel-125's plug -in. 

3 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

this is a dumb question, but do the cockpits have lights? 

Some of them do, but since at the time I was using a legacy version of Unity they are not compatible with some features. I have to finish the work on the mod for 1,11.

On 2/7/2021 at 5:26 AM, Eskandare said:

I haven't tested this with the current version of KSP. The main thing is to be sure that you have the current version of @Angel-125's plug -in. 

Some of them do, but since at the time I was using a legacy version of Unity they are not compatible with some features. I have to finish the work on the mod for 1,11.

Thank you, I downloaded the latest version of Kerbal Actuators, that got it working perfectly. Thanks again!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

你好, 对不起, 我想知道什么时候可以再次更新这个模组。我真的很喜欢你的工作。真的很棒我迫不及待地想看到一个新的驾驶舱

[Moderator added translation]
Hello, I'm sorry, I want to know when I can update this module again. I really like your work. It's really great I can't wait to see a new cockpit

Edited by James Kerman
Added Translation

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...