what is happening with my s. station

4 hours ago, PiGiCooL said:

I am working on my space station (watch the video). I docked the second part and than suddenly it started to shake and just tell apart . Is that a bug or i am doying something wrong ??? :/

Well.... without a link to the video, it's kinda hard to watch.   But usually this is caused by you having set some autostruts to "Heaviest part" and the act of docking gives some parts a new heaviest part to strut to.  The shaking is due to all those autostruts trying to realign themselves.    It's partially a bug, partially a feature.   More a side effect of an intended function.  :D.    So turn off your autostruts on both vessels before docking and you should be ok. 

And as as this is most likely a Gameplay question, moving there. 

5 hours ago, PiGiCooL said:

I am working on my space station (watch the video). I docked the second part and than suddenly it started to shake and just tell apart . Is that a bug or i am doing something wrong ??? :/

IT BE THE KRAKEN

I built a station with a similar issue and what I did was the two things I noticed that blew it up.

1. Gimbal engines - get rid of the gimbal after docking

2. Big Docking ports - get rid of them they are so kraken

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Well.... without a link to the video, it's kinda hard to watch.   But usually this is caused by you having set some autostruts to "Heaviest part" and the act of docking gives some parts a new heaviest part to strut to.  The shaking is due to all those autostruts trying to realign themselves.    It's partially a bug, partially a feature.   More a side effect of an intended function.  :D.    So turn off your autostruts on both vessels before docking and you should be ok. 

And as as this is most likely a Gameplay question, moving there. 

Stations shaking themselves to death is a well known “feature” in KSP, and it has nothing to do with autostruts. They may even help in some cases. It’s just that when a station (or any craft, really) becomes large and/or branched enough, with heavy parts (i.e. fuel tanks) on the ends connected to light parts in the middle (i.e. 6-way node), especially through multiple docking ports, sometimes a positive feedback loop forms, and parts of the station start shaking with increasing amplitude until something breaks off. 

There’s no way to know exactly when it will happen, sometimes it will happen when you just load a scene with the station.

@PiGiCooL What can help: if it started shaking, there’s little you can do. Hitting timewarp will stop the shaking temporarily. What you want to do is rearranging the station parts. Undock some and redock them to other ports. It helped me a couple of times. As I said, autostruts may help, but there’s total randomness as to what modes on what parts you have to set them to. Play around with them, and when the shaking gets violent, hit timewarp on and off, and it will revert to shaking slowly giving you more time.

If you have an earlier save before you docked something to the station, go back to it, and dock to some other port. If there’s no other port, I’m afraid there’s nothing you can do.

Hopefully it helps.

P.S. When building large stations, try to have heavy stuff in the middle and not too many branches and crossings. 

Edited by sh1pman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.