How to disable Mun launchsite in KSP Enhanced Edition

As you may already know, a Mun launchsite was added to the History and Parts Pack for the recent console update. This feature, while was created with good intentions, has been the bane of my existence. I no longer have the initiative to build Mun bases, stations, or even just Mun landers. Why bother when I could teleport there effortlessly? (of course I never use it, but cognitive dissonance, you know?)

I could just ignore it, which is what I have been trying to do. But having a way to effortlessly teleport to the Mun without sacrificing another dynamic like weight, cost, etc. upsets the balance of the game. It would be a little like if one of the Administration strategies was "add 100,000 credits" without having to pay in science points or reputation.

As far as I can tell, the majority of the console community didn't even want something like this. We wanted something useful like the ΔV calculator (remember, we can't get a mod for that, so we needed it even more desperately than the PC players).

Anyway, how do I turn this "feature" off (preferably while keeping the other launchsites "on," I like them and they don't upset the game balance.)?

5 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Is it not possible in the difficulty settings?  On PC the difficulty settings allow us to turn of the "Allow other Launchsites" option to disable the desert and Woomerang as choices while leaving them on the surface as visitable locations.

Nope. I tried it and I couldn't find "allow other launchsites" anywhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.