How to control which vessel gets focus after decoupling?

When I decouple the node in the screenshot, I need to take control of the upper vessel immediately. The delay while I switch with the [ key is enough for me to lose any chance of control as it falls over. How do I control which vessel takes focus after decoupling? I have the same problem whether I use docking ports, decouplers or separators. Thanks.

Gjj7ptG.png

I've seen it reported that it will stay with which ever part has had the "control from here" point selected.

This has not been true in my experience.

When launching from the editor(VAB/SPH), you can control this by making sure the root part is on the craft you want to stick with.  Unfortunately that's not an option.  What we really need, and have needed for awhile (especially if you use the Konstruction! mod), is an in-flight re-root tool.

Hopefully someone has an answer, I would like to know it as well.

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I've seen it reported that it will stay with which ever part has had the "control from here" point selected.

If you put in Action Group Manager in the same number the Decoupler and the ''Control from here'' does it work?

I have done various things many times but right now i cant check if its actually 100% consistent.

Edited by Boyster

13 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Well, it does work at least sometimes. I'd suggest that @THX1138 gives this a try.

But I haven't been relying on that and instead hit [ or ] after staging. And try to set things up so that delay of a second or so for switching doesn't mess things up (at least not too much).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.