Orange suits in 1.7.3

Yakuzi

Can anyone get the 4 veteran kerbals to wear their orange suits on EVA? I'm trying in a vanilla (stock, no DLC) 1.7.3, but can't get it to work. They do have their orange suits on in IVA, but they turn white as soon as they exit the craft. Wandering if it's on my end or a bug... Let me know in case I need to file one.

4 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

uh only the making history suit changes. the stock EVA suit is the same for everyone.

So Jeb, Bill, Bob and Val all have an orange suit on when they go out on EVA (without making history or breaking ground)?

it makes sense, if you look at any EVA suit made by NASA, they are all white. White was mainly chosen to disperse heat from the Sun to try and mitigate overheating, and it is also easy to see while in Space, meaning that the other astronauts can see the person on EVA more easily. 

7 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

No, the orange suits were always IVA only, not EVA.  The new breaking ground sci-fi suits ARE orange on EVA for the vets

6 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

it makes sense, if you look at any EVA suit made by NASA, they are all white. White was mainly chosen to disperse heat from the Sun to try and mitigate overheating, and it is also easy to see while in Space, meaning that the other astronauts can see the person on EVA more easily. 

Thanks for clearing that up! I was under the impression that the vanilla EVA space suits were orange as well... false memory is a pain.