Will parts have multi functionality now? Specifically fuel tanks and srbs

GoldForest

I was rewatching the gameplay, and when they showed the boosters detach from Orion drive, I swear I didn't see or couldn't see radial detachment points, so that begs the question, will parts have multi-functionality now?

Like will some engines come with a built in decouple which you can set seperate from the engine in the staging ui?

Is this is so, it would be a big improvement having self detaching parts. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by GoldForest

...many parts have more than one "module" in the current KSP, and heat shields have built-in decouplers, stock Soyuz tanks have built-in SRBs for separation. Parts-only mods (so no plugins) sometimes include combo fuel tank/decouplers (notably BDB for the early Titans).

46 minutes ago, ModZero said:

...many parts have more than one "module" in the current KSP, and heat shields have built-in decouplers, stock Soyuz tanks have built-in SRBs for separation. Parts-only mods (so no plugins) sometimes include combo fuel tank/decouplers (notably BDB for the early Titans).

I know, but there's no srb or fuel tanks with built in decouplers.

41 minutes ago, TBenz said:

The video wasn't particularly high quality, but I'm pretty sure I saw some decoupler-looking trusses holding those engines onto the craft.

Maybe, but I swear I saw nothing of the sort. I'll rewatch it.

2 hours ago, ModZero said:

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Not the Titans (those have decouplers as separate parts), the Gemini service module has a docking port module that functions as a decoupler (probably because sticking a decoupler onto a part with an engine module is a bad idea, nothing like staging off your engine when you fire it up). The Mercury retro motor also has it, Apollo is different though and has a separate decoupler that is animated. What does have a decoupler is the Apollo LM descent stage which is a fuel tank and has landing legs as well. So it's entirely possible to do that right now in KSP.

2 hours ago, TBenz said:

The video wasn't particularly high quality, but I'm pretty sure I saw some decoupler-looking trusses holding those engines onto the craft.

If they did get rid of decouplers as distinct parts it would sure lower the design learning curve for new players. They could then use the build gizmo to automatically create trussed/shroud  sections between parts as you drag them further apart.