What will happen to Kerbin and the planets? Plus Ideas

I am curious what the design of Kerbin2 will be. Will it share the same design or will we have a new planet to explore? Though I am in favor of both options (a new Kerbin could offer a vastly more interesting world to explore- but I am attached to Kerbin1 for reasons I'm about to explain). I have been part of many external Kerbin nation roleplays (of which I will not discuss) so I've become fond of the planet in it's current design (Kafrica... what a wonderful place). And what of the other planet's and moons? Are we getting an expansion to the planets or a full overhaul? Both sound cool.

So, what is the dev's current thoughts on planet design?

Separately I'd like to suggest the idea of adding caves, tunnels- and that water isn't always 0m. Because of that design choice in KSP1, waterfalls, rivers and literally any water based geological features were impossible- but with varying altitudes of water- that can be solved. Besides you can't mention colonies (especially not making them the focal point!) and not address the ideas of using the moon's and Mars' lava tubes to make shelters and underground colonies!

Just one of many ideas.

2 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

I hope it's between the two. The original planet, same basic design and same general landforms, but enhanced in the ways you describe.

I still think that a planetarium selection would be perfect. Select between Kerbin Classic, Kerbin Evolved and Earth solar systems would be the best way forward.