[1.8.x] Where Can I Go? The Opposite of a problem 2.1 (30/01/2020)

severedsolo

7 hours ago, Jognt said:

I’ve got some ideas for nice icons, but I’m not sure how well I’ll be able to create them. What format would icons have to be in your opinion to be crisp, not oversized, but still maybe compatible with HiDPI screens?

oh, and is there a preferred file format/setting?

Let me have a play with the code tonight to figure out what KSP will accept (it's probably going to be .png or .dds tbh) - and I'll get back to you.

7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Let me have a play with the code tonight to figure out what KSP will accept (it's probably going to be .png or .dds tbh) - and I'll get back to you.

IIRC, they need to be .png... and should really be 32x32... KSP will *use* different sized textures, but it wont compress anything *not* a power of two, and will spam the KSP log if it cant...
ie I see lots of mods using 38x38, but then you get log spam, and I assume those textures dont get compressed, from the error message

40 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

That's because the official app launcher documentation specifically says they have to be 38x38 (clearly outdated though)

The ToolbarController will happily load 38x38 icons without any problems.  I recommend to put 5em into a PluginData directory so that KSP won’t try to read them.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If the icons are in the PluginData directory, KSP won’t spam the log, and the ToolbarController doesn’t spam either

Good to know... I'll have to check all the mods that are spamming for me, and see if moving them helps

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Good to know... I'll have to check all the mods that are spamming for me, and see if moving them helps

If you use the ToolbarController, it has code to read the files directly from disk, and gives the ability for the player to use either toolbar, without the modder needing to worry about supporting two different toolbars

Where Can I Go 1.1.1 Released

• Fixed stock values being 400m/s off due to a last minute change before the initial release.
  • Fixed Earth not showing up in RSS
  • Added synchronous orbit figures for RSS (courtesy of Gordon Dry)

The MM spec in the OP has now been updated with all the changes since 1.1

Edited by severedsolo

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Keep in mind that the mod needs to know where the icons are.  This generally requires the code to be recompiled

Edit:  I just realized (silly me) that this was the mod's thread. 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

18 hours ago, Noname115 said:

I use Sigma Dimensions at 2.5 scale. Will I need to make a new MM config for each body or is it already supported? (I.E It already does the math for the increased sizes)

At the moment it requires a separate MM patch, but I do plan to have it try and figure out rescales by itself in the future

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, Gordon Dry said:

One thing, this typical stockish Unity-ish green and red on dark grey stuff - the red on dark grey I just even do not try to decipher. It lacks a proper contrast.
Some coloring like the Kerbalism UI does would be very helpful.

I also have to agree with this, if you could make it more "eye friendly" would be good, otherwise a great mod, thank you.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:32 AM, severedsolo said:

Ive tried a few things and promised myself i’d pick it back up, but I should’ve known better than to expect ADHD-me to finish something. My apologies :blush:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.