Pax West is around the corner. Do you think we'll get more info?

GoldForest

Pax West info release?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will we get more info at Pax West?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Jeb used the devs notes as fuel so they have no info to give
  2. 2. Do you think we'll get a more in depth interview?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Jeb used the interviewer as a Ghinea Pig. The interviewer is currently on his way to Jool.
  3. 3. What info are you hoping to get?

• Up to date gameplay footage
    • News on multiplayer
    • The new parts
    • Info on the new planets
    • Info on gameplay features such as life support, galaxy layout, etc
    • I'm more interested on how space planes will be
    • I just want any info at all
    • I'll take what they give, I'm not picky
    • I want info on the orbital mechanics

Since the reveal of the game was less than two weeks ago, I don't think they'll be giving more info out at Pax. I think it's more likely for us to get some more info in the winter months leading up to the release in the spring, which would give them some time to make their game run more smoothly/prettier for any gameplay demos they might have up their sleeves.

2 hours ago, wretlaw120 said:

Since the reveal of the game was less than two weeks ago, I don't think they'll be giving more info out at Pax. I think it's more likely for us to get some more info in the winter months leading up to the release in the spring, which would give them some time to make their game run more smoothly/prettier for any gameplay demos they might have up their sleeves.

You never know. They might surprise us with a entire gameplay trailer.

54 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Private Division, owned by Take Two

Haha I totally forgot about the 4th company that could have been there.

Private Division can be there for any of a number of reasons, though maybe they'll have something.

My suspicion would be that they have someone there, and we'll get mostly the same info, with a few little bits that can be teased out based on them approaching it from a slightly different angle for a different interviewer.

4 minutes ago, Gydra54 said:

Seems we will be getting a gameplay demo. Wonder if its the same pre-alpha build we've seen or a much more recent one?

First time insinuates its brand new never before seen. Let's hope ots new gameplay.

6 minutes ago, Gydra54 said:

Seems we will be getting a gameplay demo. Wonder if its the same pre-alpha build we've seen or a much more recent one?

Someone grab lots of screenshots. I want to see if they've put in the VAB and rest of the buildings yet, and if there's enough of the flat area around KSCI I use to test rovers 

And if you like, and if they haven't included it already, persuade them to put back the ksp mountains I like flying over them they're a great landmark. I'll give you a sandwich. 

Edited by Tw1

I guess no one watches the major KSP streamers on Twitch?  On Saturday, DasValdez will be live-streaming Q&A with devs from KSP2 (and KSP1?) from PaxWest.  Also a panel Friday about realism in scifi games, and a Thursday virtual field trip (sounds like to Seattle's Museum of Flight?) with streamers EJ_SA and Scott Manley.

Star Theory just had a pre-show KSP2 event thingy;

There's a series of tweets from https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron with info

To crib;

• #kerbalspaceprogram2 #ksp2 INFO DUMP! Just got out of a meeting with 8 other content creators at Star Theory. Here are the notes I took. Disclaimer: Phrasing my own. Allow a margin of interpretation error just in case.
  • Modding: A major priority of development. Tools are being developed right now using Lua but the language isn't necessarily final. PQS+ has a ton of hooks for custom tools.
  • NO DRM on single player KSP. Can't comment on DRM for multi-player - still working on how account auth flows will work.
  • The entire simulation core has been rewritten. Multithreading has been addressed but I won't get into it because people define it differently. Way fewer bottlenecks, much more optimized is the idea.
  • There is no plan to introduce premium currencies, loot boxes, other "freemium" sort of stuff. The plan is to stick to KSP1's content release style.
  • Note on the trailer: Everything in that trailer is an in game asset. The engine shown at the beginning around the mun is metallic hydrogen and a bridge tech between the KSP1 and KSP2 technologies.
  • Kerbin's overall geography is the same. Other planets have had facelifts to give additional geographic history. The kerbin system has the same bodies. The game engine now allows for axial tilts.
  • Overall design philosophy behind terrain: "No two landing sites should feel the same." Also - moonlight shadows. Small but cool.
  • How many new systems: "Multiple." Sorry guys, I tried
  • You can now create rockets in individual sections and piece them together. Yay QOL! There is also blueprint style build mode that makes placing and aligning parts easier. The VAB is overall much much larger.
  • Binary. Planets. At least possible with modding, we didn't see any official systems other than kerbin, but the potential was demoed.
  • On ease of access: Relax, this is still Kerbal, it hasn't been dumbed down at all. Seriously, it is in great hands. The UI and new user experience is totally redone. Tutorials are fully guided and even animated, sort of in a Hitchhiker's Guide style. It looked cool.
  • The new Maneuever element on the HUD is a 3D representation of your ships orientation in regards to prograde, normal, etc. Useful.
  • Colonies: You can build anywhere you can land. You don't need flat ground. Colonies are built, not grown, and will need resources supplied in order to build Colony buildings and any rockets/vehicles you build at them.
  • Colony population does not grow over time. Colonists are brought in manually. Colonists also - ahem - multiply when you accomplish something and give them a reason to celebrate. Bottom line is you can't fast forward to grow population.
  • Colonies are meant to be springboards for deeper exploration. Orbital Colonies are great places to build interstellar rockets and move past the Kerbol system.
  • PC optimization comes first in development. Consoles need additional attention to make them feel native and not like a port, but that is important to them. Console players, you are a priority and you'll get love. They know the problems with KSP1 console.
  • Much higher part counts are going to be available but they can't give numbers at this stage of development.
  • Kerbals experience force! You can see it in their portraits and cockpit view. They even black out. And scream and flail in terror. They're much more animated and expressive, and have emotes you can use as well.
  • Planet rings have big rocks. Felt a bit like Elite, was pretty cool.
  • Bottom line-- Going in I was afraid that like so many sequels it would be "streamlined" by stripping away elements. It's absolutely not the case. This is Kerbal. Breathe easy. We were on the same page with all questions and concerns (and our group had a lot). They got this.
  • Also: SO MANY THANKS to @KerbalSpaceP for putting this together. Man, it was so cool. Absolutely a treat.
  • Ooh, addendum-- explosions will be different in space or in atmo, whether tanks are full or empty. To quote: "Every explosion should be a special snowflake." I KNOW RIGHT

Matt PAX West (Hi Seattle!)‏ @badnewsbaron 28m28 minutes ago

All credit to Matt^

Thank them on Twitter

25 minutes ago, NoMrBond said:

Star Theory just had a pre-show KSP2 event thingy;

There's a series of tweets from https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron with info

To crib;

All credit to Matt^

Thank them on Twitter

You should post this in it's own thread. Title in "PAX West Info dump" to get people's attention. 

23 hours ago, fourfa said:

I guess no one watches the major KSP streamers on Twitch?

I can't speak for everyone but I don't watch any. I also don't follow every person who might post something on Twitter.

So thank you and @NoMrBond for putting that stuff here. I give credit to YOU both for doing that, not the others.

Edited by 5thHorseman