Resolution occasionally resets

I have actually experienced this without mods as well, but my current install does have a few mods and as far as I can tell they make it appear more often.

Every now and then, when a scene change happens and the loading screen is shown, the screen resolution is reset back to my monitor standard of 1680x1050. I selected 1280x800 because it gives me better framerates (though 27 fps is fine in LKO it still plays nicer) when coupled with scatterer, EVE etc. without which I can't play the game anymore.

Is there a way to fix/circumvent this? Perhaps windowed mode?

27 minutes ago, Delay said:

I have actually experienced this without mods as well, but my current install does have a few mods and as far as I can tell they make it appear more often.

Every now and then, when a scene change happens and the loading screen is shown, the screen resolution is reset back to my monitor standard of 1680x1050. I selected 1280x800 because it gives me better framerates (though 27 fps is fine in LKO it still plays nicer) when coupled with scatterer, EVE etc. without which I can't play the game anymore.

Is there a way to fix/circumvent this? Perhaps windowed mode?

Maybe this will help?

9 hours ago, Delay said:

@Boyster The options are all grayed out, so I can't click them.

Huhh you might have a  user permission problem, its a long shot but maybe thats the issue.

Try moving the Installation to a different disk, or uh right click run as administrator, or change the user control, i am sorry i never had to deal with that

but i heard many problems from this, like Files that are read only, and you re not the administrator etc.

This is probably outdated but i hope it can help find something.

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.