Your Ideal "Final Update" for KSP

I_Killed_Jeb

It's a bit trifling, but de-orbited debris should self-terminate from Kerbin orbit. Kerbin is a small enough body that Kessler syndrome ought to be a legitimate plausible concern on career games, but instead it's just broken. The fact that some random part can come shooting out from deep within the atmosphere means I just turn off debris tracking as long as it fails to simulate orbital debris.

I suppose this falls more under "fix bugs" than a feature request, but a change in play style from "do whatever with stage planning" to "avoid littering in space" is somewhat strategy-changing.

Now if an orbital debris fix was combined with changing the collision detection system to be somehow vector-based rather than the position-based method that fails to detect collisions at orbital velocities... good times with Kessler.

Edited by ExtremeSquared

On 8/29/2019 at 1:24 AM, RocketSimplicity said:

No bugs.

End of discussion.

As far as I know, the most widely used alleged "bug free" program out there is TeX.  TeX is a relatively small program (at least compared to modern games) and written by a single computing giant (Donald Knuth) and basically not updated with feature after feature after finishing it.  You might look into exactly what it took to make TeX bug free, and how impossible it would be to map that to KSP (although lack of further updates makes it theoretically possible, just that it would involve an infinite number of further bugfixing updates).

There might also be small bug-free in the industrial controls world and similar places.  That said, the code in Boeing 737-MAX is likely "correct" in that it meets the spec, it is the spec that is broken.  So many "bug free" programs out there might well be "broken at spec" while faithfully executing the spec.

Bug fixing is a great goal, just don't count on getting rid of a significant amount of them (you'd have to fix Unity as well).

Frankly?

One that doesn't breaks everything. :P

Early adoption on this game is almost suicidal.

it's not a complain about the changes needed to evolve the game, but some changes appears to be made without enough thinking about how to implement the thing.

Bug fixes, fixing wheels and stuff like that are always nice, but if it were a final update?
I'd just leave things as they are and focus more on (more buggy :D) content.

Kerbal factions/nation for some kind of competition, bit of a contract/task overhaul, those kind of things. A bit more to populate Kerbin AND other planets with other space programs. Would be nice to see some other AI planes in the sky. And having KSC have some takeoffs and landings.

An ATC of some sort for KSC too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.