Complete PC freeze

I have this problem. often, but it is random, sometimes it does this after 5 minutes, and sometimes i can play several hours. And i havent found yet a common point, it can happen at any stage of the game, but it seem more frequent on planets.

The game completely freeze the computer. the sound bug and i have to restart my PC.

The thing is that it started to do that around when i installed Breaking ground, but also at the same time i completely rebuild my computer with new parts, so i'm not sure what cause this. It might be KSP but it may be hardware as well. 

In theory, my PC should run KSP without trouble. i have 16 gb of RAM, a I7-9700, with an Asus NVidia RTX-2060 video card, and a M.2 pci hard drive. I havent suffer bugs outside KSP, but i mainly play KSP and Civ 6 which take less ressources.

What can i try to look for the cause of the bug ?

4 hours ago, Marachdrifter said:

I have this problem. often, but it is random, sometimes it does this after 5 minutes, and sometimes i can play several hours. And i havent found yet a common point, it can happen at any stage of the game, but it seem more frequent on planets.

The game completely freeze the computer. the sound bug and i have to restart my PC.

The thing is that it started to do that around when i installed Breaking ground, but also at the same time i completely rebuild my computer with new parts, so i'm not sure what cause this. It might be KSP but it may be hardware as well. 

In theory, my PC should run KSP without trouble. i have 16 gb of RAM, a I7-9700, with an Asus NVidia RTX-2060 video card, and a M.2 pci hard drive. I havent suffer bugs outside KSP, but i mainly play KSP and Civ 6 which take less ressources.

What can i try to look for the cause of the bug ?

Sounds like a audio or graphic driver conflict.(Nvidia audio, windows audio and Realtek conflicting).I had this problem with audio drivers crashing my pc and making that weird noise

and solved it by having only realtek.

Or maybe a temperature problem(thermal paste etc).HWMonitor is one of the best free programs to monitor temps.

Edited by Boyster

2 hours ago, Boyster said:

Sounds like a audion or graphic driver conflict.(Nvidia audio, windows audio and Realtek conflicting).I had this problem with audio drivers crashing my pc and making that weird noise

and solved it by having only realtek.

Or maybe a temperature problem(thermal paste etc).HWMonitor is one of the best free programs to monitor temps.

i already monitor my parts temperature, and it is very stable. 

the sound driver could make sense. i play Civ 6 without sound, which could explain why it dont happen in that game. i will check that thanks.

Edited by Marachdrifter

Awhile back, when my computer updated the Nvidia driver to 390.whatever, I suddenly had an issue where the computer would just up and shut off.  Sometimes it would happen during boot, sometimes I could use it for an hour before it did it.

I started to worry about a hardware problem (I was on all pretty new hardware), but rolling back to 387.whatever made the problem go away, and I never had a loss of power problem on that hardware again.

28 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Awhile back, when my computer updated the Nvidia driver to 390.whatever, I suddenly had an issue where the computer would just up and shut off.  Sometimes it would happen during boot, sometimes I could use it for an hour before it did it.

I started to worry about a hardware problem (I was on all pretty new hardware), but rolling back to 387.whatever made the problem go away, and I never had a loss of power problem on that hardware again.

Well hmm, you might have removed the Nvidia Audio driver and actually solved the problem without knowing it, or it could be something else :D .

Mine was about the same, sometimes i even got a blue screen, and it turned out to be the whole mess thats audio drivers in windows 10.

Edited by Boyster

Yeah so true, i know its going a bit off topic but now i am struggling of how to find/install Nvidia Control Panel...since its missing...

and Nvidia tells me to download it from Windows Store....which is also missing from my pc...lol...like not even the files....

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.