I get to interview Star Theory tomorrow. Give me your questions!

Snark

14 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

Already answered, the aero model is going to be very similar to KSP 1, albeit with a few changes here and there i suppose.

Yes exactly, the answer is there in my text as well. I was replying to Avera9eJoe who said we had not heard anything about this.

48 minutes ago, TackleMcClean said:

Q:  What about the aero model? Will it be like KSP 1, or something more like FAR? A:  We don't want to confuse players who are used to flying in KSP 1, so it'll have a very similar aero model.

Ah, ya got me.

1 hour ago, linecrafter said:

I'm just jealous , who wouldn't want a lesson from Scott Manley in person?

I especially enjoyed his short lecture, when we were standing around looking at the Apollo 11 command capsule (!!!), about the finer details of poo management that Neil Armstrong & co. had to go through.  Highly diverting.

I could go into details if you're curious, but the executive summary is "gosh, I'm really glad I wasn't an astronaut in the Apollo program" :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Snark said:

I especially enjoyed his short lecture, when we were standing around looking at the Apollo 11 command capsule (!!!), about the finer details of poo management that Neil Armstrong & co. had to go through.  Highly diverting.

I could go into details if you're curious, but the executive summary is "gosh, I'm really glad I wasn't an astronaut in the Apollo program" :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5y0mTqK54k

dd3.png

I proudly congratulate you on overcoming your introversion and getting this valuable info!

1 hour ago, dylsh said:

Every time I click to open to link to the questions/answers, it takes me back to the OP. Is anyone else having this issue? I’m doing this on an iPhone

Same problem on PC 

Edited by neistridlar

1 hour ago, dylsh said:

Every time I click to open to link to the questions/answers, it takes me back to the OP. Is anyone else having this issue? I’m doing this on an iPhone

It's the forum UI, it can be a little confusing. You need to click the small-font "Snark replied to a topic" displayed up top, not the big "I get to interview Star Theory" title link (which does indeed go to the OP).

37 minutes ago, Snark said:

It's the forum UI, it can be a little confusing. You need to click the small-font "Snark replied to a topic" displayed up top, not the big "I get to interview Star Theory" title link (which does indeed go to the OP).

Thank you for that

18 hours ago, Snark said:
  • Q:  What's the plan for Mac and Linux support?
  • A:  We want KSP to be available to as many players as possible at launch, but can't say more specifically than that right now.

If i read correct between the lines Linux and Mac support are plane.

edit: i found a forum bug

Edited by www2

19 hours ago, Snark said:

there will be another mode called "progression" which is sort of a combination of science and career modes, aiming for the best of both.

Yay. I figured as much but nice to have the confirmation. 

Okay, I've pruned a few posts from this thread which did not directly relate to the OP. The focus is what was said about the upcoming KSP2 and all the goodies @Snark was able to discover for us. :) Please keep the conversation along those lines.

(And no, no one's in trouble...)

On 8/30/2019 at 7:38 PM, Snark said:

My interview was with Nate Simpson, creative director for Kerbal Space program 2

• Q:  Will any new parts be based on cancelled concepts like NASA's Constellation program or un-built proposals like Lockheed Martin's Mars Base Camp?
  • A:  There are echoes of Constellation.  We use this stuff as our reference materials, so there's a lot of "inspired by" stuff.

@Majorjim!, @septemberWaves I figured you two might find this quote particularly interesting since you both have done a lot of Constellation-inspired stuff.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:30 AM, HebaruSan said:

Sounds like time warp and physics warp are merging and improving. It's about... time. :cool:

Far more you can not only accelerate during warp, you can do other stuff during long burns.

Refereed to burning to turnover, yes its cool but makes no sense from an dV point of view as at some point adding more fuel makes you accelerate slower early on who count far more than some extra speed during 1/10 of the travel distance. 

Still months long burns is an thing.  

On 8/31/2019 at 5:38 AM, Snark said:
  • Q:  What about the aero model? Will it be like KSP 1, or something more like FAR?
  • A:  We don't want to confuse players who are used to flying in KSP 1, so it'll have a very similar aero model.

Aw... To be honest that is really a hype killer. 

I'm really disappointed.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:49 AM, Thomot512 said:

Aw... To be honest that is really a hype killer. 

I'm really disappointed.

And how it sounds the fact that Nate said that they want to "justify" the space plane parts with a dedicated planet/moon for them?

35 minutes ago, Rover 6428 said:

Will there actually be a "need" for the centrifuge habitats that we were shown in the trailer? Or is the whole thing just cosmetic and kerbals don't need gravity?

I think one of us asked them that, at the Star Theory studio visit, and I believe the answer was "no comment".

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

We already have Kerbin and Laythe for that purpose.

And Eve now that we have stock propellers.

On Laythe and Kerbin they're an option but by far not the most efficient one, a big SSTO rocket is more efficient and it's easier to fly, I really hope they keep plane part in mind when designing new worlds.