KSP Loading... The KSP franchise expands

SQUAD

6 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

One of the things I noticed in 1.7.3 was a change in the power consumption of the robotic parts.  1.7.3 pretty much made my Frog and Walker unusable due to their sudden sucking down of huge amounts of electricity.  I'm hoping this is being looked into for 1.8. I filed a bug report, but not much seems to have progressed.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23175

On 8/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, SQUAD said:

Improvements are also being made to robotic part resource consumption, with better info on consumption and new improved options for power-out situations.

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

So from what I've seen of this comment thread,the unity and other upgrades in 1.8 are good things. Can someone explain to me (without too much technical stuff please) why its a good thing? :confused:

Bugs & limitations that were caused by the engine, and therefore Squad couldn't fix, will hopefully be resolved now.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:28 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Is the surface of say vall going to be different in ksp 2 (Will one coordinate be different between both games) I guess I'll give you an example:

Eve has a tall mountain in ksp 1 but will the same place on eve have that mountain?

Yes, 100%. No terrain changes.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:59 PM, 5thHorseman said:

I wouldn't buy it either, if they had said that. But they didn't say that.

They said (On the Steam page which is the only direct quote from Star Theory that I could find)

ill believe it when i see it

On 8/30/2019 at 7:45 PM, Stone Blue said:

Soo... with the words "multiples" and "multi-player" being thrown around and hyped...
is there any chance multi-*monitor* support is being looked at? .... Pretty pleeze with a cherry on top...?? :P

yeah and to add to this PLEASE give us the ability to have the MAP view on a separate monitor or external window so we can fly and watch the map and our orbits/trajectorys at the same time!

Also if i might add how will KSP 2 handle reusable rockets? (thank you elon and spacex) Lets say I launch a 2 stage rocket and set the first stage to back burn and land and then switch focus to the second stage (or vice versa) what will the first stage be doing? Will it still land itself if I switch focus? How will KSP 2 handle this? Will it remember to fire the engines or perform a backburn if i switch focus to another stage? These are the 2 things that always bothered me about KSP 1. There is a third also, Will we be able to grab a kerbal and walk/float/magnetized boots through the interior of the ship, do experiments,eva through an airlock into a cargo bay, activate switches, eat*, etc? 

*Eat pertains to assuming there is some kind of life support. If there are airlocks then one must assume there is some kind of atmosphere. And if there is a ship atmosphere then there must be some kind of life support correct? Eating would fall into this category would it not?

Edited by Redneck

6 hours ago, Redneck said:

ill believe it when i see it

While a valid opinion, it really doesn't help in any way. Until we all see it we can only go by what they say and they said it's in. If you're not going to believe what they say your only recourse is to wait until more evidence comes out.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:43 AM, 5thHorseman said:

While a valid opinion, it really doesn't help in any way. Until we all see it we can only go by what they say and they said it's in. If you're not going to believe what they say your only recourse is to wait until more evidence comes out.

you are correct. We will go by what they say. There is a problem with that see they also said multiplayer would be in KSP 1 also. Was it? So no im not going to get on the hype train just yet. And dont even get me started on the unity thing and all its problems. I will say this though. This is a new team, its not squad. I will give some benefit of the doubt. They have alot on their plate for sure. And how is it that my comment doesn't help? What exactly should i be helping? The hype? I'll pass on that thanks

Edited by Redneck

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

The conversation, here on the forum. Literally all we have is what they say and what they show us. If you don't believe them you have nothing to go on.

I have plenty to go on! Past history! As a consumer or future consumer of a product im not here to help the conversation or join in any hype or to get "likes". I am here asking questions and giving opinion like everyone else on this forum of a future product relying on past experiences of a previous purchased product . I am sorry if you dont like my opinion or its not the most popular. But when it comes to my wallet you or your opinion of my comments are the last thing thats on my mind. :shrug:

Edited by Redneck

13 minutes ago, Redneck said:

I have plenty to go on! Past history! As a consumer or future consumer of a product im not here to help the conversation or join in any hype or to get "likes". I am here asking questions and giving opinion like everyone else on this forum of a future product relying on past experiences of a previous purchased product . I am sorry if you dont like my opinion or its not the most popular. But when it comes to my wallet you or your opinion of my comments are the last thing thats on my mind. :shrug:

As I said, a valid opinion. And I don't dislike it and don't really care how popular it is.

My problem comes from, why are you asking these questions? If you don't believe them when they point-blank said there would be multiplayer, what expectation should anybody have in any information given to you on other systems? You think they are flat out lying. You won't believe them until you see it, which won't be for months at best, and maybe over a year from now. So, when you ask a question:

On 8/31/2019 at 11:17 PM, Redneck said:

Lets say I launch a 2 stage rocket and set the first stage to back burn and land and then switch focus to the second stage (or vice versa) what will the first stage be doing?

Let's say it was answered. It wasn't, but let's say someone from Star Theory or Squad or Private Division or whatever answered with some form of "yes." Will you believe them? Why would that be believable but not multiplayer?

And as an aside, I do not believe Squad ever announced that KSP would get multiplayer. I believe they said they were looking into it and that they really wanted to. Like so many small companies with big dreams, they didn't intend on that statement being a promise but instead were excited about something that likely ended up being a massive pain to get right, so much so that they literally couldn't do it, given cost and time and code overhead constraints. I'd like to see that original statement again but have no clue where to look. I don't even remember if it was ever put in writing.

As a further aside, KSP2 getting multiplayer is in a way a fulfillment of that original statement, promise or not.

5 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

As I said, a valid opinion. And I don't dislike it and don't really care how popular it is.

My problem comes from, why are you asking these questions? If you don't believe them when they point-blank said there would be multiplayer, what expectation should anybody have in any information given to you on other systems? You think they are flat out lying. You won't believe them until you see it, which won't be for months at best, and maybe over a year from now. So, when you ask a question:

Let's say it was answered. It wasn't, but let's say someone from Star Theory or Squad or Private Division or whatever answered with some form of "yes." Will you believe them? Why would that be believable but not multiplayer?

And as an aside, I do not believe Squad ever announced that KSP would get multiplayer. I believe they said they were looking into it and that they really wanted to. Like so many small companies with big dreams, they didn't intend on that statement being a promise but instead were excited about something that likely ended up being a massive pain to get right, so much so that they literally couldn't do it, given cost and time and code overhead constraints. I'd like to see that original statement again but have no clue where to look. I don't even remember if it was ever put in writing.

As a further aside, KSP2 getting multiplayer is in a way a fulfillment of that original statement, promise or not.

dude! im not going to sit here and read all this. Ive said my peace

On 8/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, JPLRepo said:

I will check - but pretty sure if it's not using a KSP part shader there is a part icon shader there now that will work.

Thanks, much appreciated.  Would be very nice to finally be able to use custom part-shaders without resorting to using a bunch of extra plugin-code merely to fix the icons :)

On 9/3/2019 at 12:33 AM, KerbMav said:

Then maybe now keep the peace?

Yep! its my money ill do what i want! Did they really think i was going to debate it? i know shocking isn't it? 

Edited by Redneck

On 8/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, SQUAD said:

Celestial Body Visual Improvements 

If you’ve been following KSP on social media, you might have already learned that new high-quality texture maps & graphic shaders are being implemented for various celestial bodies. In update 1.8 you’ll find high quality texture maps for Mun, Duna and a few other Celestial Bodies that will be revealed along the way. 

If there are any concerns that the update might hinder the game’s performance on your computers, rest easy knowing you’ll be able to select the celestial bodies’ shader quality in the settings to low (legacy), medium or high. Even for the legacy option, you can expect texture stretching errors to be vastly improved.  With the high-quality option, pixel density will be maintained regardless of camera distance to the celestial body, as well as a lack of tiling problems. All in all, celestial bodies will look sharper and more realistic. Take a look for yourself:

I see footprints and lander leg tracks in the trailer!

Please, please, please, please, PLEASE!

Make this a real thing; Please make "permanent" footprints, rover tracks and various trails on the surface of the planets.

With the multiplayer officially coming. This would add so much to the game.

Hence this has been a looooooooong asked / wished feature by many;

Terraforming would also be dream come true.