Blocker features in KSP2 -- what would stop you from playing it?

@Snark I won't be doing sentence by sentence response this time, for the sake of keeping the pages short.

But in short we are not telling totally different stories. I think we cross each other on many points. I am also saying that if the features they choose to pay attention right now will make me forget about the need of robotics, I'm game too...Besides I'm there will always be IR and in IR I trust.

And believe me when I say I try to put myself in others's shoes whenever I'm talking to or about someone. I consider myself an empathetic person. But of course I'm not a developer nor a publisher etc. And as we both said we don't have the statistics, numbers and budgets available to us.

If I simply put it; I see no difference between a rover tire and a rotor for example. But of course you will explain that one has things attached to it on the other side as well and that multiplies the physics etc... I hear you...

May be they won't add those parts initially and may be won't release them as DLC as well... But perhaps include them as part of an update which would be fantastic... But yes we don't know... We'll see... Let's hope for the best.

As for the canadarm, I have no idea about development and construction cost, but I'm sure we can't deny the usefulness of it ever time they EVA

All aside, so glad to hear you're also a robotics lover as well... That means you hear me as well...

54 minutes ago, Master39 said:

I love robotics, but I think that being able to do something useful with my bases and stations has an higher priority over being able to make them fold or walk.

Good thing you love robotics too... But I can't understand how you can deny their usefulness...

56 minutes ago, Master39 said:

I think others will cover the "they're just copying modders" vibe of your reply.

This didn't come out of my pen but since we're speaking of vibes... I would love to see that "fold" out...

But before anybody starts throwing tomatoes at me; I am sure that even the mentioned modders will probably say "we don't think so", "we are ok with it", "how dare you" etc...

I just think that it's a tiny baby elephant in the room, watch for him so the tomatoes won't hit him as well...

• 3 months later...

1. No presistent universe in MP = NO BUY!
2. No subterrain environment = NO BUY!
3. No realistic aerodynamic = NO BUY!
4. No terrain modification = NO BUY!
5. No dedicated servers = NO BUY!
6. No native BD armory = NO BUY!
7. No procedural wings = NO BUY!
8. No clouds = NO BUY!

To be continue...

16 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

8. No clouds = NO BUY!

To be continue...

Ok man a couple of things:

Clouds have already been confirmed, watch shadowzones video about the newly released dev update. 

Weapons have never been a part of KSP and this sentiment will most likey continue, so i wouldnt hold your breath of BD armory type weapons being stock. However, it has been said that KSP2 will be much more mod friendly so most likey there will be a good mod for this if you want it.

As for subterranian environments and terrain modification, there will most likey be none of that. But the devs have said that they will be making the terrain system much more interesting and try to make every landing site different. this stuff prob wont be implemented because of the unity engine but who knows? maybe they did put in voxel terrain. i just dont see the purpose of it in a realistic space exploration game like KSP

Just now, Vegatoxi said:

No weapons - no money

Simple math

Tell you what, if it has no weapons, I'll buy two copies to make up for the one you won't buy. I already know who I'll gift it to.

1 minute ago, justspace103 said:

not what KSP is about man. use a mod it will be just as good

And how much time is need to rewrite BD armory for KSP 2?

Even KSP pathes ruin almost all mods and need to wait months untli they start working.

1 hour ago, Vegatoxi said:

what do you mean by "no persistent universe in MP"?

why would you "NO BUY" just because there isn't a subterranean environment? It's not like the game will not be playable without it. besides, you could just wait until someone mods it in.

do you mean aerodynamics equivalent to ksp1 or even MORE realistic? and if you won't by a game just because it doesn't have realistic aerodynamics, then why did you buy ksp1?

what do you mean by "No terrain modification", do you want ships crashing to cause dents in the terrain, because then kerbin would be gone in no time flat! :D

dedicated servers? for what, multiplayer?(I dunno anything about that stuff). I won't play in multiplayer much anyways so I don't care. 

why would you need weapons? besides, that would just mean more work for the devs, and thus, the release date will be pushed back. I wan't realistic sized planets in ksp 2, does that mean I won't buy it if it isn't in, NO!

Spoiler

And how much time is need to rewrite BD armory for KSP 2?

Even KSP patches ruin almost all mods and need to wait months until they start working.

ksp 2 is going to be more moddable, so i'll say not long at all.

weeks due to more moddability. and again, why do you want guns in a rocket game? :rolleyes:

again, an easily moddable feature that is no reason to "NO BUY".

8. No clouds = NO BUY!

they already confirmed clouds.

Edited by Dirkidirk

16 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

what do you mean by "no persistent universe in MP"?

Constant living world with no time-to-time server resets/wipes/etc.

why would you "NO BUY" just because there isn't a subterranean environment? It's not like the game will not be playable without it. besides, you could just wait until someone mods it in.

I suppose there is no way to mod it

Then why still no such mods for KSP?

do you mean aerodynamics equivalent to ksp1 or even MORE realistic? and if you won't by a game just because it doesn't have realistic aerodynamics, then why did you buy ksp1?

Like FAR i mean.

Currently KSP AD way too far from reality

Edited by Vegatoxi

what do you mean by "No terrain modification", do you want ships crashing to cause dents in the terrain, because then kerbin would be gone in no time flat! :D

Like ASTRONEER

Maybe not so dumb and unlimited but somehow

18 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

again, an easily moddable feature that is no reason to "NO BUY".

And easily breakable by official patches.

19 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

they already confirmed clouds.

We'll see

6 minutes ago, razark said:

Well, there is good news.

Have you heard that they'll still be working on KSP after KSP2 is released?

This seems like a no-brainer...  but I have seen it happen repeatedly in other games, and I have walked away.

If the devs try to punish or otherwise influence the way a player wants to play the game...  That has been the point that I have walked away or said "no thanks" on other games.  For instance, maybe they see the way someone built something and used it in some creative/unexpected way.  The devs reaction is to patch, fix, or nerf something because their general reaction is, "Well, that isn't how we really wanted you to play the game."  It's one thing if it's a bug or some glitch/exploit that gives a player an UNFAIR advantage.  If that's not the case however, just accept and be happy that people are doing things with your game engine that you never originally anticipated. 

In KSP1, I have actually seen a bit of that, but not enough to completely turn me away...  YET.  I had walked away for a good 4-6 months there though and the BG propellers and rotors managed to bring me back.

Edited by XLjedi

I suppose there is no way to mod it

Then why still no such mods for KSP?

Honestly, there was a good discussion on terrain deformation/subterrainain environments a while back.  There's a basic reason why it's not in KSP, and there's not a mod for it, and that it's not going to be in KSP2:

Your hard drive isn't big enough to store the required data.  (And I don't really care who you are when I say that - it applies to supercomputers.)

I can see it would be nice, but things like Astroneer can do it because their worlds are tiny.  The moment you start talking realistic world sizes, you're talking at minimum terabytes of data per planet.

7 minutes ago, DStaal said:

The moment you start talking realistic world sizes, you're talking at minimum terabytes of data per planet.

There are ways around that. You can generate the voxels on the fly from a small seed, and only store the transformations. All that has a performance cost however. 

Main reason not to do it is that it’s kind of difficult and there’s not much point. This is a game about rockets and space exploration, not digging tunnels and mining. If simple terrain modification is needed that can be done by transforming the depth map, and would be more than sufficient for most purposes. You could even do terrain strata with layered depth maps.

3 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

8. No clouds = NO BUY!

To be continue...

1. Wat
  2. There wont be any and from what I understand about height maps with this game, there won't be, even in mods
  3. Can you really tell the difference that much? What if they say its realistic while changing nothing and you don't notice, good enough?
  4. Terraforming is out and will have the same problems as #2 when it comes to modding it in. Probably need voxel terrain
  5. meh
  6. not gunna happen
  7. I'd like those too but its not a deal breaker
  8. you'll get that one

4 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

8. No clouds = NO BUY!

To be continue...

Well considering that KSP has none of this natively, why did you even buy this in the first place.