No purchases allowed from Britain?

kspacc

I have been trying to buy this game for hours.

I have spent so long talking to paypal, who can't see why KSP is saying that the b'payment authorization has failed'.

There should be a UK site, so we can pay in pounds.

Is there any way to buy this game?

I have tried paypal and debit cards, nothing works.

7 hours ago, kspacc said:

I have spent so long talking to paypal, who can't see why KSP is saying that the b'payment authorization has failed'.

You cant add money to Steam?Or you dont want to use Steam as a platform?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't buy any expansion packs because the site no-longer allows purchases from the UK.

I originally purchased the game from this site, years ago, now they don't accept any form of payments, no cards or paypal.

Always says "Authentication failed".

Why not have a UK site? Or allow purchases from outside the US?

Please no replies about 'steam'.

Thanks.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:20 PM, Boyster said:

You cant add money to Steam?Or you dont want to use Steam as a platform?

Steam is nothing, I just want to buy the game in a normal and understandable way.

Steam is such a scam, we shouldn't need to use it to buy a game.

I have pay pal and debits cards, that should be enough.

I can't upgrade/update or buy extensions, because they no-longer accept UK debit cards or paypal.

And to make it worse, they keep hiding/deleting the topic.

So not only can I not access this game, but I can't even get help because I can't go back to see if there are any replies.

Every claimed retailer of this game just happens to have been out of stock for years, or in other words, they all make false claims of ever having sold the game.

Steam is a scam, and they keep trying to make people use it if they live outside of the US.

Please, does anyone know where I can genuinely purchase anything from this site from the UK?

Your threads are still there, they've just been moved to the Kerbal Network sub-forum:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/187910-no-purchases-allowed-from-britain/

As for the actual issue... it is rather strange, but I doubt it's a conspiracy to force people onto Steam. I'm in the UK, but I unfortunately can't confirm if this is a widespread/recent issue, as I bought the game many years ago off the store, and was given the DLCs free...

But it looks @Vanamonde's on it, so it should be resolved soon :) 

Edited by GluttonyReaper

Thanks mate, it is hard to find them once they get moved, but I found this one because you replied, so probably not a problem.

I also purchased the game years ago, but after 2013.

No idea why we can't buy from the UK, but most likely it is because they no-longer have the facility to take money from abroad?

I'm not saying it is deliberate, but the fact that all sellers in the UK have been 'out of stock' for a piece of software for years can't be a temporary glitch.

Every seller I have tried is either out of stock or insists on using a steam account.

It has gone on far too long for a temporary glitch, it is most likely an oversight, possibly paypal or another payment processor making ridiculous changes without letting people know how it affects them.

Either way, it would be very easy for KSP to simply open a UK payment site so we can purchase from here, or get paypal to accept UK paypal?

Sounds like the right people are on the case now, so hopefully they will find a solution.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:44 AM, kspacc said:

Hi kspacc,

Sorry for the inconvenience for all of this! We've been investigating this with our team and if you could send an email to [email protected] with the order number, email address, and the steps you took to make the purchase, they can assist with you more closely.

Let me know if you have any other concerns!

So, that went nowhere, they waited a full day, just to ask me to go and ask someone else.

Hopefully the next person will be more forthcoming.

The fact that I am being asked to contact some kind of 'purchase support team' means they are not planning on fixing the problem with the website, which means that I will have to go through all this again later on to get the breaking ground extensions.

Yesterday I made a purchase from America through paypal with no issues from my UK paypal account, so there is definitely something fishing going-on with this site not accepting payments.

Why don't they just fix the problems?

Their response was:

Thank you for contacting the Kerbal Space Program online store.

To place your order, you may visit our website at;

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com

Clearly no interest in fixing the problem, I can't believe that idiot 'Jonathan B' wasted my time like that.

They know they are refusing payments from outside the US, so why tell me to try going to the exact website with the problem and trying to do what we already know is not possible?

Why base anything in Ireland? They have the World's worst customer services, and everyone knows it!

Can somepone please find someone who works for the game company, not 'digital river' who wants to fix THIS website so it accepts payments?

This is so frustrating!

There is no hope.

I just got an even stupider reply from the same Jonathan B moron.

" Thank you for contacting the Kerbal Space Program online store.

All accepted payment methods will be displayed on the billing
information page during the order placement process.

If you would like to place an order, please go to: http://store.kerbalspaceprogram.com

- Add the product(s) you wish to purchase to the shopping cart. If
you are attempting to place an order from a promotional offer, please
use the link provided by that offer. If the incorrect pricing appears,
empty your shopping cart and try again.

- Once all items you wish to purchase are in the shopping cart,
proceed to the checkout.

We recommend when placing an order that you enter your billing
information exactly as it appears on your credit card billing statement.
If your middle initial appears on your credit card, please include it.

If the error reoccured, we recommend that you contact your bank to
correct this issue.

Sincerely,
Jonathan B.
Kerbal Space Program online store
Customer Service
[email protected] "

[snip]
Can someone who is both an adult and a genuine member of staff please sort this out?

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

They are still lying and fobbing me off.

" Thank you for contacting the Kerbal Space Program online store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Unfortunately, this error could be the result of attempting several
orders that fail, which would cause our system to detect possible
fraudulent credit card use and then place a block against the card. This
is for the protection of both our customers and our business. We take
credit card fraud very seriously.

Please be advised that your information on our system has been cleared
and you can place a new order after 2 hours.

Our website is: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com

We recommend when placing your new order that you enter your billing
information exactly as it appears on your credit card billing statement.
If your middle initial appears on your credit card, please include it.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
[email protected]
Email ID: 37986108 "

They have no interest in fixing the problem.

They know that they are deliberately blocking purchases from the UK.

[snip]

Just open a UK website or make the US website work from the UK.

These are just files, nothing is actually being sent anywhere, why not just accept UK PayPal as well, like most American companies do?

So, we have proven that this is infact deliberate, not a glitch, or a mistake.

"Thank you for contacting the Kerbal Space Program online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience, you've reached customer service for
the Kerbal Space Program online store. We're able to assist with any
issues related to purchase from our store, however your inquiry is
outside our area of expertise.

For help, please contact:

URL: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/?page_id=23

Sincerely,
Customer Service
[email protected]
Email ID: 37986108 "

He knows that is just the front page and would not help anyone with anything.

[snip]

I am going to find contact details for someone higher-up and make sure he pays for this.

[snip]

If any of my staff ever treated a customer like that they would be more than fired, I would make sure that any future employer knew they were throwing their reputation away by employing such a lying [snip] idiot!

Is buying the game through Steam not an option for you?  Some people have an overall anti-Steam stance, and thats a debate for another discussion, but you should have none of the issues you're currently experiencing if you were to pick up the game and its expansions through Steam.  You'll even get a 14% discount were you to buy the game and the 2 expansions as a bundle.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/Kerbal_Space_Program/

Edit:  Oh, I see now that you DO have an issue with Steam.  Sorry, that's all the advice I have for you.  Good luck dealing with Private Division/Squad/DigitalRiver support.  :confused:

Edited by klesh

43 minutes ago, klesh said:

Is buying the game through Steam not an option for you?  Some people have an overall anti-Steam stance, and thats a debate for another discussion, but you should have none of the issues you're currently experiencing if you were to pick up the game and its expansions through Steam.  You'll even get a 14% discount were you to buy the game and the 2 expansions as a bundle.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/Kerbal_Space_Program/

Edit:  Oh, I see now that you DO have an issue with Steam.  Sorry, that's all the advice I have for you.  Good luck dealing with Private Division/Squad/DigitalRiver support.  :confused:

[snip]

I have contacted two people in Mexico, and have told them, and I will most likley send them all the messages I have had from various racists, scammers, and liars.

Steam is not a games seller, I already own the game, I won;t rebuy it from a scam website like GOG or steam, they are illegitimate.

[snip] the company should either accept payments from all countries on one website, or they should have a British website.

Edited by Vanamonde

Hi Klesh.

I bought KSP back in 2013, and Making History in 2018, direct from KSP. I've tried "adding" KSP to my Steam library, but Steam still refuses to sell me the Breaking Ground expansion.

So what I'm asking myself is, why should I pay again for a game I've already bought and own (if you can actually own it, but that's a debate for another discussion...)

I'll try contacting the KSP store direct and see if I get a better response than the excitable earlier poster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.