Floppy robot parts?

12 hours ago, KingDominoIII said:

Robot parts are very bendy.

Isn't that the point about robotic parts? :cool:

But more to the point: I didn't get the impression that robotic parts are much less rigid than the normal parts. Except in the direction that they are supposed to bend.

12 hours ago, KingDominoIII said:

Any ideas on fixes?

Well, you can use autostruts on the non-robotic parts and lock the robotic parts. The latter allows autostrus to go across a robotic part.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using pistons for a heavy rover's wheels to adjust it's height. It was a dissaster. No amounts of autostruts accomplished anything, and normal struts lock the pistons making them useless. Using a pair of pistons instead of one made it stronger, but I still ditched the whole design for being unrealiable.

2 hours ago, Fierce Wolf said:

I tried using pistons for a heavy rover's wheels to adjust it's height. It was a dissaster. No amounts of autostruts accomplished anything, and normal struts lock the pistons making them useless.

Did you "lock" the pistons when you were not adjusting the height of the rover? When the servo lock on a robotic part is engaged then autostruts can traverse the part., making the vessel much more rigid and sturdy when used appropriately.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:11 PM, AHHans said:

Did you "lock" the pistons when you were not adjusting the height of the rover? When the servo lock on a robotic part is engaged then autostruts can traverse the part., making the vessel much more rigid and sturdy when used appropriately.

I will test that tonight!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a wildly floppy one.  It is supposed to be a deployable crane.  Works with Vanilla but AGExt has a lock/unlock motor on/off grouping for the drives and for the arms.  Use the dock to separate the fuel tank that the crane is suppose to place it straight up instead of on it's side.  Good luck.  Make sure no crash damage and unbreakable parts is turnned on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54oihsyqknht9zc/Heavy Mover Mk I.craft?dl=0

Edited by traisjames

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.