Full screen

So I went and re downloaded ksp after removing all my mods so I could be free of the pain that is mod lag.

anyway after my reinstall ksp was not using borderless full-screen but instead the taskbar was covering the bottom of ksp and I tried inserting -popupwindow in the properties in steam but it still did not work and every time I alt tabbed out and I went back  into ksp the border was shown at the bottom covering the stuff that are at the bottom and sometimes if I do alt-enter it wont even work and I have to go and re launch ksp.

I use steam .

so please help me with this. .

It's one dash. I launch with a batch file and use that. Specifically I use:

start /wait ksp.exe -popupwindow -force-d3d11

I've had this in rare cases, and it's annoying. I'm pretty sure it's Windows being Windows. Try rebooting. Select reboot, not shutdown when you reboot. "Shutdown" does a sleep thing these days which doesn't necessarily actually stop all processes.

kk

but man it feels good without all these mods making my simple 20 part craft take 5 min to load now I can launch a 127 part pretty fast

Also where to I insert 

in?

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It's one dash. I launch with a batch file and use that. Specifically I use:

I've had this in rare cases, and it's annoying. I'm pretty sure it's Windows being Windows. Try rebooting. Select reboot, not shutdown when you reboot. "Shutdown" does a sleep thing these days which doesn't necessarily actually stop all processes.

48 minutes ago, Dr. Omicron said:

kk

but man it feels good without all these mods making my simple 20 part craft take 5 min to load now I can launch a 127 part pretty fast

Also where to I insert 

in?

If you're launching from Steam, you drop most of it and just put -popupwindow in the Steam "Set launch options" button. Don't add the -forced3d11 on an unmodded game, it doesn't help much and makes all the parts in the VAB parts list light blue.

If you navigate to the location of ksp.exe at a command prompt, though, you can literally just type that line and it'll run KSP in popupwindow mode. That's way outside this thread, though, and a pretty big topic if you don't know about it. It's the computer equivalent of "how do I go to space and stay there?" in KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.