Just another Newbie

Rickental

Hello to everybody!

I bought KSP years ago and stopped during the training missions. As far as I remember - I have really bad eyes - ther was a problem with the fontsize and I could hardly read the instructions and menus. Now I started all over and managed to fix it (in the options...? bigger monitor?). Until now in careermode I successfully reached Eve and landed - poor Valentina will spend a lot of time there... :lol:

Concerning my Person, I am Christoph from Germany, 44 years old and happily married. Before KSP I was just a casual gamer. For me it´s a perfect combination of simulation, "adventure", SF and brainfood.

I am usually not active in forums but I learned a lot from this place, and that´s why I am here.... Hopefully I can help in the future to answer some questions from noobs like me...

I am not convinced by online translation tools , so please ignore my english with a smile, I try my best

Chris

Hey Chris,

Welcome aboard then, it's nice to see another fellow KSP player around here :)

I hope you're having a good time, don't hesitate to make a (silly) post, this community here is very welcoming. 

See you around, either here or in space, hehe ;) 

Edit: many folks here have English as second language, my native language is German too, in case of doubt, you'll always find someone here speaking German :) 

The German subforum though is not very active, as most Kerbal handlers know a bit of English. ;) 

Edited by VoidSquid

Herzlich willkommen @Rickental

Yes, another German here. :) I don't usually check the German subforum, so I do suggest to try the general forums first. Your English doesn't have to be perfect, as long as we can understand what you want to say it's fine. And if you are totally unsure, you can add a German version to the English version, then someone will be able to translate.

About the fontsize: there are options in the settings menu(s) to scale UI (i.e. the fontsizes). What is IMHO a bit confusing is that the settings are context dependent, so at the KSC, in flight, and on the map screen you get different settings for the UI / fontsize scaling. So if you run into problems: try hitting <ESC>, select "Settings" and check if you find a UI / fontsize scaling slider that may help you.

• 2 months later...