KSP 1 early buyer - will I get Ksp as a free update?

On 9/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, drhay53 said:

I am utterly flabbergasted that this question has been asked so many times. 

If I had a nickel for everytime asked this one particular question, I'd be able to buy KSP 2 outright!

But seriously to be honest, I'm kind of glad I did get KSP 1 way back in the days of Alpha (0.18) and it cost me all of 18 dollars. was it worth the effort? yes it was..

Now as for KSP2. I'm not going to complain about the 69 USD price tag unless the game becomes a "fallout 76 -esque" style of game (too many bugs broken game, etc.)

and this is what I am worried about.. cause to be honest, the original game right now is really ending the end of it's life run (Kind of) but that doesn't mean the next game will be better...

Is Private Division becoming a bit like Bethesda? Well maybe but then with Star Theory taking over as the lead of development for this game it does make you wonder..

A good analogy to this might b elooked at as the original version is much like NASA getting the space program off the ground.. and that Star Theory's verison might be the "SpaceX" of the world..

Or.. It could be the other way aoround...

The Point is we just don't know right nwo, and we won't know until the first version comes out..(Hopefully in a few months if not by later this year..

(and to be honest, I'd like this game to be able to pick up where 1 has left off, and improve on it..)

The only issue I see right now on our side is our own computers.. and the fact that will some of us upgrade our machines to handle the new game..

(and I can answer that because i've studied human nature)

a lot of you will be disapoointed while others will be estatic..

(And this is base don where you upgrade your comptuer or not)

That's the thing.. players make their own joy (Or disappointment ) by not prepariing to adjust to change

(and many people don't like Change, some hate it, and some others don't want to adapt)

so in the end this the game going to be worth it.. well if you do the things I suggest (and not the things that are going to happen) the game will be fine.. (Else.. you'll be disappointed when your machine can't run it..0

That's all I have to say about this.

Space_Coyote

5 hours ago, LittleBitMore said:

I think this raises a single more important question:

Will they offer KSP2's DLC to KSP2 early buyers, KSP1 early buyers, or none of the above?

I think none of the above, it was an error made by an inexperienced studio to grant the DLCs for free forever to the early buyers.

Believe it or not but lowballing and pricing games too low is one of the most common errors in the indie devs scene.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:31 PM, Master39 said:

I think none of the above, it was an error made by an inexperienced studio to grant the DLCs for free forever to the early buyers.

Believe it or not but lowballing and pricing games too low is one of the most common errors in the indie devs scene.

Pricing your whatever too low is a common problem with new independent contractors and entrepreneurs of all stripes. They undervalue themselves, or think that they have to ask for way less than they really want at first to build up a customer base. But it takes money to make money - the less you have on hand, the slower your growth potential.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Actually you will never get Ksp 2 as free update because ksp 2 is new version major number like this ksp 1 as 1.0.0 ksp2 as 2.0.0 it like new game. major is (1.⬅0.0),minor as update big things in one game the last one is Patch is Bug fixes

If major update to 2 it`s will be a new game if it update 0 to 1 it still same games. Hope i help you

Edited by kspmalaysia

57 minutes ago, kspmalaysia said:

Actually you will never get Ksp 2 as free update because ksp 2 is new version major number like this ksp 1 as 1.0.0 ksp2 as 2.0.0

KSP is not a new KSP version, it's a completely different game largely made by a completely different team (with some oversight from SQUAD recently). I'm unsure where you got this, but I assume you just made it up.

"Semantic versioning" is only a guideline, not an ironclad law of the universe. Besides, KSP 2 is a new game, with new code and assets, and presumably different game rules as well. Calling it KSP v2.0.0 isn't even really correct. It should be KSP2 v1.0.0

Some content removed. This forum does not consider a post to be a "necro" unless the content is outdated, which is not the case here. No need to scold someone who's trying to be helpful. 

8 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

"Semantic versioning" is only a guideline, not an ironclad law of the universe. Besides, KSP 2 is a new game, with new code and assets, and presumably different game rules as well. Calling it KSP v2.0.0 isn't even really correct. It should be KSP2 v1.0.0

This is correct. No game in existence to my knowledge has ever called their second game "V2.0", except as tongue-in-cheek in maybe 1 or 2 cases.