Jump to content

KSP 1 early buyer - will I get Ksp as a free update?


Recommended Posts

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

8 minutes ago, Simon campbell said:

I bought KSP 1 when it was busy killing orbiter! As early purchaser I was promised all future updates for free. Will ksp 2 become due as a free update? 

I don't recall anyone at Squad, Star Theory, or Private Division mentioning this one way or the other.

However, my guess is that no, you wouldn't get it for free.  It's a whole new game built from scratch, my guess is that it would not be included as a "free update".  It's a sequel game, not an update to the current one.

Like I said, that's just my guess and I'm not in any position to actually know the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to guess. They already said no.

 

and let’s get real on this topic.

 

you did not get a discount or free upgrade to fallout 2,3,4,or 76 ... Although that may be going “feetopay” soon, if it’s not shut down completely.

 

nor do you get a free upgrade in games like Civ series, Madden (where not only don’t you get a discount you still have to pay full price, then pay a premium on top that full price to get a more complete game, oh and you need a subscription, oh and yes apparently season passes are a thing.

 

in otherwords, this is a company in it to make money. They make money by making a product and selling it to you.

Edited by [email protected]
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow drakered. I'll go get in my Box then shall I. I only asked. I have more than enough money to pay for the version and will. I am proud to be involved in funding ksp from the outset. I also understand the basic principals of commerce so thanks for the lesson there! I expect the developers would say they are out to Don more than just make money though. They are there to entertain, as if they only make money first but don't entertain.... Well it doesn't work that way round does it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Simon campbell said:

Wow drakered. I'll go get in my Box then shall I. I only asked. I have more than enough money to pay for the version and will. I am proud to be involved in funding ksp from the outset. I also understand the basic principals of commerce so thanks for the lesson there! I expect the developers would say they are out to Don more than just make money though. They are there to entertain, as if they only make money first but don't entertain.... Well it doesn't work that way round does it? 

Sorry - we've seen a couple of people get pretty vehement that they should get KSP 2 for free and that it was a rip-off because they paid whatever back when KSP 1 was in initial funding, etc., etc., etc.  He was just giving the reasons we'd had to list out painfully over several pages in a couple of threads so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Simon campbell said:

I bought KSP 1 when it was busy killing orbiter! As early purchaser I was promised all future updates for free. Will ksp 2 become due as a free update? 

And Squad has held up to its promise. Thank you, Squad!

KSP2 is not an update though; it's a new version. As such, it will not be available as a free update. If only KSP2 gives you 1% of the value (expressed per played hour) that KSP1 gave, it will still be an incredibly good deal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 12:43 PM, Simon campbell said:

I bought KSP 1 when it was busy killing orbiter! As early purchaser I was promised all future updates for free. Will ksp 2 become due as a free update? 

amazing that this question keeps coming up.

You get all future updates for KSP for free.  That's the promise Squad is honoring.

KSP-2 is a new game.  No freebies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a fair enough question, and it's only understandable that people should ask. But as has been mentioned, we have the official reply from Nestor that KSP 2 will not be included with that special early-adopter offer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

amazing that this question keeps coming up.

You get all future updates for KSP for free.  That's the promise Squad is honoring.

KSP-2 is a new game.  No freebies.

I think its a disgrace that a company is charging its consumers for their products. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dave1904 said:

I think its a disgrace that a company is charging its consumers for their products. 

EH?

You're joking, right??

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

amazing that this question keeps coming up.

You get all future updates for KSP for free.  That's the promise Squad is honoring.

KSP-2 is a new game.  No freebies.

I'm good with that. Gotta pay for the salaries somehow. Hopes, dreams, thoughts and prayers is the same as Jack poop, and jack left town.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no chance of KSP 2 for free, there's a very small chance of some sort of small discount I guess, but I doubt even that.

I have a feeling early adopters might be recognised somehow, maybe some sort of cosmetic that signifies veteran players.

On the one hand, it'd be nice to see the people that helped get the game off the ground in the first place rewarded. On the other, one of my biggest pet peeves in games is permanently missable DLC/timed content.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This question has already been answered on the second post, which was also already acknowledged by OP, no need to make 30 more replies saying different versions of "absolutely not, how could you even ask this, shame on you" guys

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

This question has already been answered on the second post, which was also already acknowledged by OP, no need to make 30 more replies saying different versions of "absolutely not, how could you even ask this, shame on you" guys

To be fair, Snark's response1 in the second post is not an "official" response, and it wasn't until the 11th post by @MechBFP that an official response was posted.

Besides, if you've spent any time on these forums (like I know you have), you know we're all about posting random, conflicting facts that we've gathered from all sorts of sources, mostly being our own imaginations. :wink:

 

 

1Seriously, @Snark literally said:

On 9/3/2019 at 11:53 AM, Snark said:

Like I said, that's just my guess and I'm not in any position to actually know the answer.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Simon campbell, welcome to the forums!
You've got your answer(s), perhaps some might have come off as a bit harsh, but please don't take it personally. We're a bit passionate here, but we mean well. In the years we've given Squad a lot of flak when we thought they did something wrong, but also defended them when not.
Squad made promises concerning free updates to early buyers and can understand how someone could interpret them a little differently.
Please don't let this scare you off and let these 2 posts be your last. We'll see you elsewhere okay!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...