KSP with Leap Motion Controllers

Hello All,

Fairly new to the KSP scene. Was wondering if anyone has every used or played with the leap motion controllers and KSP. It seems like combining this with the RPM/MAS IVA's and a VR headset could really create a neat experience. 

Google turns up this thread which talks a bit about the subject. 

I am guessing to make this I would need to make a C# plugin that somehow interfaces with the leap motion SDK and provides input as a VR controller. So I guess the question is do we as modders have access to the VR side of things, how hard would this be to do? is it possible to add a input controller that can be mapped independently in KSP IVA views?

I do programming for a living with a strong background in C# so technical skill is not really a concern, the ability/feasibility to do this is more the issue here.

Any other thoughts on the subject?

The interesting thing about making plugins for KSP is that there is very little official documentation. Fortunately there is a requirement that addon's have source code available so your best bet would be to look at some of the mods that do something similar. Two IVA interfaces that I know of are:

The KSP API is listed here though mostly uncommented

This project (a hardware interface) may be of some help too:

Good luck with this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.