KSP Loading... Preview: New SRBs

St4rdust

18 hours ago, St4rdust said:

You asked: "how about a few larger SRB's...?" And we listened to you.

Very cool!

While you're at it, could you please have a look in adjusting the Basic Fin ? The rebar really shouldn't be on spacecraft at all, guess that's why no other part has it. It could also do without the yellow stripe (unless there's plans to add monoprop).

aVmBuoH.png

And as always, don't forget about them bugs in the bugtracker you asked us to update and upvote... There's quite a bit of low hanging fruit there!

18 minutes ago, Yakuzi said:

And as always, don't forget about them bugs in the bugtracker you asked us to update and upvote... There's quite a bit of low hanging fruit there!

We do look at the public tracker and the upvotes. We look at both bugs and feedback from there. Add your feedback about the fin to the bug tracker please. 

59 minutes ago, nestor said:

We do look at the public tracker and the upvotes. We look at both bugs and feedback from there. Add your feedback about the fin to the bug tracker please. 

Great stuff, will do!

EDIT: feedback added to the bugtracker

Edited by Yakuzi

I'm curious as to what specific real-life boosters (if any) served as the inspiration for any of these. Obviously the Clydesdale is inspired by the shuttle SRB's, but the Pollux and Thoroughbred make me think of Orbital ATK hardware, like Minotaur or OmegA.

20 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

I'm curious as to what specific real-life boosters (if any) served as the inspiration for any of these. Obviously the Clydesdale is inspired by the shuttle SRB's, but the Pollux and Thoroughbred make me think of Orbital ATK hardware, like Minotaur or OmegA.

The nozzle of the Shrimp and Mite remind me somewhat of the later version of the Skylark sounding rocket’s boost stage.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

20 hours ago, nestor said:

The Unity upgrade is pretty much done. We've already done two rounds of testing for these bad boys. 

Now this is very nice to hear

One question though, since the engine has been upgraded, does the dev team have any thoughts on opening up tags for us modders

It would be awesome if we would be able to edit tags on game objects 

EDIT: I should qualify that with being able add to, edit and utilize the tagging of game objects in Unity is what I am referring to as currently we are unable to do much with it as far as I have discovered (although I may just be going about it in the wrong way)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

39 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

These were some of the main refs used.

QM-1

P-80 Solid Propellant Motor
Castor 120 ATK
Orbital-ATK-02

19 hours ago, Jestersage said:

On the other hand, 1.875 port is the real equivalent to the CBM

Actually, no. The CBM in KSP scale is actually 0.825m, but most replicas keep it at its IRL scale, which is ~1.25m. A 1.875m port would be far larger than anything IRL.

2 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Actually, no. The CBM in KSP scale is actually 0.825m, but most replicas keep it at its IRL scale, which is ~1.25m. A 1.875m port would be far larger than anything IRL.

On one hand, if we take the outer diameter, you are absolutely correct (then that means all the normal docking port, not just that of russia but also of the Orion, should be the mini port, as NASA Docking System is also just 800mm )

On the other hand, if we consider the diameter refer to the interior only, then exterior will be bigger regardless.

Edited by Jestersage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.