What are some colonies and colony locations you are going to build?

GoldForest

1 hour ago, nsgallup said:

How do you know that for sure?

Deductive reasoning.

Fusion drives use Helium 3.

Only place to really get Helium 3 are gas giants.

Jool is the only gas giant in the Kerbin system. 

Therefore, we can safely assume Jool will be the only source of fuel in the Kerbin system for fusion fuel.

I'd be a bit disappointed if you can't get it on Kerbin itself - it should be super expensive, and Kerbin wouldn't be good place to launch from (even in orbit...), but if you really want to, it should be possible.  (Note: I'm not saying mine it on Kerbin - just that you can launch with full tanks.)

11 hours ago, nsgallup said:

You should be able to get it from Mun. It would be kinda lame if the only place to practically build/launch interstellar craft was around jool.

Eh, I wouldn't mind if that's the case. I'd just build a refinery station there, and ship the fuel back to wherever needed.

But is there any confirmation on where you can get "He-3", or even if it's even in the game for Daedalus? There's some He-3 on the Moon, sure, but you're all talking about it like there's deposits on the Mun or Minmus too.

Edited by Spaceception

Just now, Spaceception said:

Eh, I wouldn't mind if that's the case. I'd just build a refinery station there, and ship the fuel back to wherever needed.

Also, is there any confirmation on where you can get "He-3", or even if it's even in the game? There's some He-3 on the Moon, sure, but you're all talking about it like there's deposits on the Mun or Minmus too.

speculation

It all depends. If they keep the Mün arches, I think it would be fun to build a colony near one. But the thing is we simply do not know what they intend to do as far as terrain detail. With KSP2, I can imagine we will see all new terrain challenges, resource challenges, and maybe some new space bodies with stuff we've not even thought of yet. So, until we know more about it, about the safest answer I can come up with is anywhere I can.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:17 PM, nsgallup said:

speculation

Yes, only indication is that Daedalus was launched from Jool orbit and that its an known location from helium 3. 

Daedalus is not something you can build on the ground, Yes you could build it in LKO and bring in the fuel or produce fuel other places.