[1.12.x] ShipEffects Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 4 months later...

Hey, once again thanks @linuxgurugamer for supporting the mod, the effects are pretty nice if not for the repeating decoupler sound, at first I thought it was the chute deploying sound on a loop. So if its related with the Kv reentry pods only maybe we can track down the issue, perhaps its because it has a built-in decoupler?

Anyway, if someone has a better idea of how the coding works can look into that, and while on topic, I would also what situations affect the different sounds, like if rumbling thumbs and rattles can be triggered by different situations.

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 4:30 PM, Gfurst said:

the repeating decoupler sound

It's an odd riddle. I added some logging and it appears as if the mod picks up stray audio clips from KSP.

For example, I have seen the SoundFX function called with a group named "smallRattlesFXGroup" (ok) that held a clip named "sound_docking_port" (it should have been "ShipEffectsContinued/Sounds/small_rattles"). Another time it picked up "sound_vent_large". Wat? Why? :)

Edited by HansAcker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

KSP 1.11.1

I had to disable the mod because apparently it was causing tremors in my bases. They where trembling as if the engines where on. Also could be that it was causing them to move around the place.

Mainly MKS parts. I use vessel mover to place the modules in place.

5UvpJAc.png

Edited by Tacombel

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cannot open issue at Github, so:

alotta log spam in orbit:

[EXC 01:50:32.616] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
	UnityEngine.AudioSource.set_pitch (System.Single value) (at <ef5b8cd90213481289b135c5e24d44ad>:0)
	ShipEffectsContinued.SEMaster.Update () (at <148d90b8da26498f93bef3eec2895055>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

14 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

You pride yourself on being a pedant

Are you trying to liquid me off? That I chose "alotta" was intended. And now go back to the hole of frustration where you creeped out of.

Edit:
Allright, RocketSoundEnhancement now got its own rattle'n'stuff ship effect sounds, so using ShipEffects is obsolete now. I didn't grasp this fact within the last over-one-year-long-hiatus.
(I hope I got some neat fodder for grammar narzis)

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 11/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Cannot open issue at Github, so:

alotta log spam in orbit:

UnityEngine.AudioSource.set_pitch (System.Single value) (at <ef5b8cd90213481289b135c5e24d44ad>:0)
	ShipEffectsContinued.SEMaster.Update () (at <148d90b8da26498f93bef3eec2895055>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

You know the drill.

No logs, no support

• 11 months later...
On 9/13/2020 at 4:58 PM, HansAcker said:

It's an odd riddle. I added some logging and it appears as if the mod picks up stray audio clips from KSP.

@linuxgurugamerTwo years later I finally get around to make a pull request for what I think should fix it.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:58 AM, Gordon Dry said:

That probably happens when the vessel that had the AudioSources attached disappears. If I understand it correctly, SE currently attaches them to the root part of the first active vessel after a flight scene change.

I use a heavily modified version converted into a VesselModule (so the sounds not only play for the active vessel). I'll see if I can get that cleaned up a bit more. It still throws an exception occasionally.

Think this would work with Rocket Sound Enhancement? I thought this mod was rolled into RSE. However I noticed the actual "ship effects" from RSE are much more tame than what I remember Ship Effects providing so id like to give this a go.

Edited by Motokid600

On 11/18/2022 at 9:02 PM, Motokid600 said:

Think this would work with Rocket Sound Enhancement? I thought this mod was rolled into RSE. However I noticed the actual "ship effects" from RSE are much more tame than what I remember Ship Effects providing so id like to give this a go.

You can try, also maybe look to see if there are some options in RSE to change things.

• 1 year later...

I had the same exception spam issue as @Gordon Dry, and mistakenly filed the issue on RSE.

https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/files/12710864/KSP.-.Copy.zip

(would be nice to enable issues on github for this repo)

[EXC 23:20:58.886] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    ShipEffectsContinued.SEMaster.Update () (at <eee631751eb7477daa59a437fe7d7785>:0)