linuxgurugamer

ShipEffects Continued

JlqFcXq.jpg

ShipEffects Continued is a continuation of @ensou04's ShipEffects mod.  Originally continued by @Galileo, he asked me to take it over since he didn't have time for it. 

Original thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103113-wip-shipeffects-sound-mod-dynamic-ship-sound-effects-now-released/

Previous thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/161673-ksp-142-shipeffects-continued-1084/

So, what does this mod do? Let me quote the original developer:

We all wished we could hear our spaceship cry while entering Eve, or accelerating with a bunch of Mainsails. This mod fills in the remaining gap in the sound effects part. This adds rattles, vibrations, stress sounds to your ship depending on how much thrust, gravitational and atmospheric forces is your ship enduring.

Availability

Creating your Own SoundPack:

Simply replace the sound files in the sounds folder with your own, using the same file names. Format used for the sound files is .wav
.OGG might work. Does not support other formats though.

Loops are the best used for this. Make sure your peak db is around -6db, this ensures we dont clip the speakers.

These are the default settings. Volume controls for this are of the same name.

SHIPEFFECTS_SETTINGS
{
	OnlyInIVA				= 	true

masterVolume 			= 	1.0
	rattleVolume 			= 	1.0
	vibrationVolume 		= 	1.0
	rumbleVolume 			=	1.0
	thumpVolume 			= 	1.0
	stressVolume			= 	0.6
	atmosphereVolume 		= 	0.6

// Default is 1.0, exagerates or eases the value that controls the sound. a higher number means Sounds will play sooner, lower means later.
	ResistMultiplier		=	1.75	

// Default is 8.0, how much g-force to simulate during re-entry
	ReEntryMultiplier		=	8.0
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Oh man... Linux, this has been one of my favorite little mods for a while and I am so excited to see it join your family :) It's a cinematographer's dream, too.

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

Just installed on a fresh (but modded) install and received the following message:

Incorrect Haystack Continued Installation: Haystack Continued has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly. All files should be located in KSP/GameData/HaystackContinued/Plugins. Do not move any files from inside that folder.

Incorrect path(s):
GameData\ShipEffectsContinued\Plugins\ShipEffectsContinued.dll

Note that I do not have Haystack Continued installed at all. 

Logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zbdPmwwoaYTI2u38dg?e=43GpUG

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

Just installed on a fresh (but modded) install and received the following message:

Incorrect Haystack Continued Installation: Haystack Continued has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly. All files should be located in KSP/GameData/HaystackContinued/Plugins. Do not move any files from inside that folder.

Incorrect path(s):
GameData\ShipEffectsContinued\Plugins\ShipEffectsContinued.dll

Note that I do not have Haystack Continued installed at all. 

Logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zbdPmwwoaYTI2u38dg?e=43GpUG

Thanks!

Oops.

that's the InstallChecker, looks like I forgot to change  a string.  You can ignore it until I get an update out

New release, 1.0.9.1

• Fixed Installchecker string
Edited by linuxgurugamer

No worries. With all the mods you maintain and develop, it's amazing that everything generally works so well! Squad (er, Star Theory) should have already made you an offer you can't refuse!

And by the time I had said "no worries" you had already fixed it. Lol. Thank you!

Edited by eightiesboi

someone can do a short video to show what it is please?