[KSP1.12.x] RealPlume - Stock v4.0.8 & RealPlume v13.3.2 [25/JUN/2021]

Zorg

1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

@Zorg, could you take a look at CryoEngines plumes? They're listed as supported, but they don't get any improved plumes.

CryoEngines ships with its own custom smokescreen configs (which I made and is the basis for some of the stuff I subsequently added to realplume). If you're testing on the ground it may look identical as the plumes are built from stock CryoEngines effects. But they will expand with altitude. 

Edit: the edited message loaded after I replied. 

Edited by Zorg

Sorry I took so long to reply.

I have done the experiment and the same thing as usual happened. It lagged to unplayable levels at below 8km on duna. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I guess I can't use realplume. Sorry I tried.

Here are the logs plus one because I wasn't sure which MM log you wanted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LLt9JG8veU2CV4FtFj7evE0bXSEE0aek/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQyEBFc8QibWBx3EWw-vd_HUGByykGuf/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13p9coopdTED58h-5D9NQhKSYdycpsU8D/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r0IzNL-V8Z2b7Ox6c-Tn8IiItc_9da1H/view?usp=sharing

18 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

Sorry I took so long to reply.

I have done the experiment and the same thing as usual happened. It lagged to unplayable levels at below 8km on duna. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I guess I can't use realplume. Sorry I tried.

Here are the logs plus one because I wasn't sure which MM log you wanted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LLt9JG8veU2CV4FtFj7evE0bXSEE0aek/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQyEBFc8QibWBx3EWw-vd_HUGByykGuf/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13p9coopdTED58h-5D9NQhKSYdycpsU8D/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r0IzNL-V8Z2b7Ox6c-Tn8IiItc_9da1H/view?usp=sharing

:( I'm really struggling to see whats wrong here. You could also try to install v2.8.7 of Smokescreen since you are using CKAN and are up to date. Some people have reported issues including on the latest 2.12 patch.

I know this version is largely trouble free

eb6TduPl.png

Um if that doesnt work Im sorry I just dont know whats wrong.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Zorg Thanks for the great mod :)

With the new Mainsail revamp in KSP 1.9, do you plan to adjust its plume to be similar to the Vulcain engine's?

Uh to be honest I'm not really sure. The mainsail is functionally an F1 like high thrust booster engine and is not a sustainer much less a hydrolox sustainer type like the vulcain. Squad doesnt seem to care so much having made it strongly inspired by the vulcain which is a sustainer type engine. I could give it a hydrolox plume but that would take away the fire and fury one expects of a mainsail launch. 

As mentioned in the earlier reply there are some lingering issues with smokescreen so I wont push out an update till its fixed and I've had a chance to test things in 1.9. Also I want to see if ReStock is going to update soon. (I cant speak for them but I expect the models will remain the same and they will update their patches to the new part names of revamped engines). EDIT: Looks like restock might be a while so I won't be waiting on it before release.

Since I dont expect RealPlume to be functionally broken in 1.9 with the current release I dont see an urgent need to rush to update.

Edited by Zorg

Just to be sure you want me to install the 2.8.7 version of smokescreen not the 2.12 version as I don't see it listed in ckan and you have the 2.8.7 version highlighted in the screenshot. 

Tell me if I am wrong but I think that was a typo.

Also do you want me to send over all of the logs again like last time?

2 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

Just to be sure you want me to install the 2.8.7 version of smokescreen not the 2.12 version as I don't see it listed in ckan and you have the 2.8.7 version highlighted in the screenshot. 

Tell me if I am wrong but I think that was a typo.

Also do you want me to send over all of the logs again like last time?

Smokescreen 2.8.13 was just released so you can give that a try by updating. I dont think the logs will help as the content was similar to last time. Hopefully you won't get the issue, fingers crossed.

Um if you do get the slowdown you could also try reporting in the smokescreen thread (with logs) and see if Sarbian can help. He is much more familiar with the deep guts of the game and perhaps he can spot something. Ultimately everything RealPlume does is through smokescreen.

Edited by Zorg

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if a realplume cfg had been created for Decq's Soyuz mod or if anyone had one they created that i could grab I am hopeless at trying to create one. The Soyuz has an error in the CFG file that's really easy to fix for the second stage, but its still an awesome model and flies really well

21 hours ago, Zorg said:

Uh to be honest I'm not really sure. The mainsail is functionally an F1 like high thrust booster engine and is not a sustainer much less a hydrolox sustainer type like the vulcain. Squad doesnt seem to care so much having made it strongly inspired by the vulcain which is a sustainer type engine. I could give it a hydrolox plume but that would take away the fire and fury one expects of a mainsail launch. 

Sorry for late-ish response.

I would vote on giving it a classic Mainsail plume. They've certainly created a nice new model, even though a hydrolox sustainer engine is a bit of a weird choice for the Mainsail - but just because it looks like the Vulcain doesn't mean it needs to be one. A hydrolox plume for an engine rivalling small countries in power just won't do.

6 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if a realplume cfg had been created for Decq's Soyuz mod or if anyone had one they created that i could grab I am hopeless at trying to create one. The Soyuz has an error in the CFG file that's really easy to fix for the second stage, but its still an awesome model and flies really well

As far as I can tell DECQ supports realplume within compatibility files on their end rather than within RealPlume-stock.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Sorry for late-ish response.

I would vote on giving it a classic Mainsail plume. They've certainly created a nice new model, even though a hydrolox sustainer engine is a bit of a weird choice for the Mainsail - but just because it looks like the Vulcain doesn't mean it needs to be one. A hydrolox plume for an engine rivalling small countries in power just won't do.

I'm leaning the same way. It might look like a vulcain but ultimately its a mainsail.

Thanks Zorg i found a SoyuzRealFX.cfg in the folder it doesnt play well with smokescreen and you get zero plummage deleting gives you plummage if you want to take a look at it i can upload it somewhere for you. At this stage its all working and flies so well for an old mod.

Regards,

VG

Edited by Virtualgenius

5 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

Thanks Zorg i found a SoyuzRealFX.cfg in the folder it doesnt play well with smokescreen and you get zero plummage deleting gives you plummage if you want to take a look at it i can upload it somewhere for you. At this stage its all working and flies so well for an old mod.

Regards,

VG

try using the realism overhaul cfg's for the same motor. 

or grab alcentar's awesome real engines mod.

yeah best looking motors

real engines

ro engine pack especially with textures unlimited going. 

chaka monkey

and of course running real plume/ smokescreen. 

the only exception is if you are using restock remember to delete the squad folder from  real plume stock not sure whats happening with that. 

18 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

I just tried installing the 2.8.13 version of smokescreen but its not working. The game acts like it was never installed. 

Could this be a version issue as I am playing in 1.7.2 and the mod version is in 1.9.

Plugins compiled for KSP 1.8+ will not work on previous versions of KSP.  This includes SmokeScreen.

19 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

I just tried installing the 2.8.13 version of smokescreen but its not working. The game acts like it was never installed. 

Could this be a version issue as I am playing in 1.7.2 and the mod version is in 1.9.

There is a version of smokescreen compiled for KSP 1.7.x you can grab it from the link in the Smokescreen OP

KSP 1.7 Smokescreen-RO 2.8.12

I just tried it again with that smokescreen version. It still lags when below 8 km on duna. 

I am going to move this discussion over to the smokescreen forum when I have time, I am kind of busy with school at the moment.

Thank You for your help and this is a great mod by the way.

8 hours ago, New Horizons said:

I am a bit confused, should this been installed after Real Fuels and its stockalike config?

This forum thread is about RealPlume and RealPlume-Stock

1) RealPlume is the core mod containing the plume effects

2) RealPlume-Stock has configs to apply them.

Real Fuels Stockalike has its own RealPlume configs to apply them to engines (RF-RealPlume Stockalike).

Spoiler

Things are getting pretty REAL here :P

To answer your question yes you do still need to install the core RealPlume WITHOUT RealPlume-Stock as well the dependency Smokescreen.

The big download link in this threads OP takes you to a bundle that contains 1) and 2). But you can download RealPlume core separately via CKAN or from here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/releases

35 minutes ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

How do I remove custom sounds while keeping effects

You want to remove the sound effects added to a specific engine while keeping the realplume?

if so

@PART[partnamehere]:AFTER[zzzRealPlume]
{
  @EFFECTS
  {
    @plumenamehere 
    {
      @AUDIO
      {
        @clip = sound_rocket_hard //(as an example of a stock effect. If its a custom effect you need the path to the file here)
      }
    }
  }
}

Since RealPlume also scales the volume and you dont like what its done there you could replace the entire audio node

@PART[partnamehere]:AFTER[zzzRealPlume]
{
  @EFFECTS
  {
    @plumenamehere
    {
        !AUDIO {}
        AUDIO
        {
          channel = Ship
          clip = sound_rocket_hard
          volume = 0.0 0.0
          volume = 0.05 0.6
          volume = 1.0 1.5
          pitch = 0.0 1.2
          pitch = 1.0 2.0
          loop = true
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, EngineerMartijn said:

Hello @Zorg,

I noticed that KSP 1.9.1 has a revamped version of the Skipper and Mainsail. Also i already made some new configs for both engines based on the old configs with some minor adjustments. (distance from nozzle)

Are you interested in these??

Kind regards,
EngineerMartijn

Oh I've been so preoccupied with some other things I havent been able to get around to making the configs. Do feel free to send me the files or make a pull request on github, its much appreciated. Did you add fx for the mainsail exhaust?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.