[KSP1.12.x] RealPlume - Stock v4.0.8 & RealPlume v13.3.2 [25/JUN/2021]

Zorg

RealPlume's sounds are ok, but I prefer the sounds in the Rocket Sound Enhancement mod.  Unfortunately, RealPlume seems to override the Rocket Sounds Enhancement changes, and I'm stuck with some lousy sounds (a 2-3 second cycle on the big engines gets very annoying)

Can anything be done to fix?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

RealPlume's sounds are ok, but I prefer the sounds in the Rocket Sound Enhancement mod.  Unfortunately, RealPlume seems to override the Rocket Sounds Enhancement changes, and I'm stuck with some lousy sounds (a 2-3 second cycle on the big engines gets very annoying)

Can anything be done to fix?

I would think the best solution would be for RSE to run its patches after zzRealPlume if RealPlume is detected. 

Edit: I dont use RSE but I was under the impression it played nice with RealPlume.

Edited by Zorg

30 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I would think the best solution would be for RSE to run its patches after zzRealPlume if RealPlume is detected.

Yeah.. theres absolutely no run order specified anywhere, for anything, in RSE, except for the ReStock :NEEDS

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Edit: I dont use RSE but I was under the impression it played nice with RealPlume.

I tested this in a plain install, I think it's that RealPlume is not playing nice with RSE.

Based on the order, I'm pretty sure that RSE is already running patches after RP just by virtue of the order of the directory names

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hello, thanks for great mod. i am KSP player from Korea, so please understand my bad english.

I just have downloaded your mod with Astronomer Visual Pack, but i got problem like that.

I can clearly see clouds and terrain while engine is opened, when my spaceship is in dark side of Kerbin.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

g7Q5BWQ.png

2 hours ago, gpangmin said:

Hello, thanks for great mod. i am KSP player from Korea, so please understand my bad english.

I just have downloaded your mod with Astronomer Visual Pack, but i got problem like that.

I can clearly see clouds and terrain while engine is opened, when my spaceship is in dark side of Kerbin.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

g7Q5BWQ.png

This is a problem with the Environmental Visual Enhancements, part of AVP, which is causing the issue, not realplume.

Edited by KeaKaka

On 12/28/2020 at 10:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I tested this in a plain install, I think it's that RealPlume is not playing nice with RSE.

Based on the order, I'm pretty sure that RSE is already running patches after RP just by virtue of the order of the directory names

RealPlume actually inserts the plume effects (and assorted audio effects) at AFTER[zRealPlume]. Some modifying patches also run at for zzRealPlume. Thus anything changing the EFFECTS node after RealPlume has done its thing would need to run at AFTER[zzRealPlume] to ensure it works.

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

RealPlume actually inserts the plume effects (and assorted audio effects) at AFTER[zRealPlume]. Some modifying patches also run at for zzRealPlume. Thus anything changing the EFFECTS node after RealPlume has done its thing would need to run at AFTER[zzRealPlume] to ensure it works.

You can forget about this, RocketSoundEnhancement has a patch to remove all of RealPlumes sound AUDIO stanzas

Since Near Future, Cryogenic Engines, and Kerbal Atomics all have Waterfall plumes now, could the RealPlume plumes for those mods be set not to activate when Waterfall is present?  I've removed them from my own install by just completely removing the configs, but it'd be good to not have to mess with it on any other installs I end up making.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, leopardenthusiast said:

Since Near Future, Cryogenic Engines, and Kerbal Atomics all have Waterfall plumes now, could the RealPlume plumes for those mods be set not to activate when Waterfall is present?  I've removed them from my own install by just completely removing the configs, but it'd be good to not have to mess with it on any other installs I end up making.

If you are familiar with ModuleManager, you could start with the patch linuxgurugamer mentioned for RocketSoundEnhancement (courtesy of user @Karin) as it does nearly the  same thing that you want. As written, it removes the audio nodes from RealPlume if the RSE_Engines module is present, but you can modify that to remove the entire RealPlume node if a WaterfallFX module is present. Then you'd only have one file to manage vs. deleting multiple configs per install (at least until / if this is baked into RealPlume or WaterFall itself).

3 hours ago, Zelda said:

If you are familiar with ModuleManager, you could start with the patch linuxgurugamer mentioned for RocketSoundEnhancement (courtesy of user @Karin) as it does nearly the  same thing that you want. As written, it removes the audio nodes from RealPlume if the RSE_Engines module is present, but you can modify that to remove the entire RealPlume node if a WaterfallFX module is present. Then you'd only have one file to manage vs. deleting multiple configs per install (at least until / if this is baked into RealPlume or WaterFall itself).

Thank you for the suggestion, that is a *much* better solution.

Here's the patch I ended up with, if anyone else needs it:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:BEFORE[zRealPlume]
{
  !PLUME{}
}

On 1/2/2021 at 4:33 AM, leopardenthusiast said:

Thank you for the suggestion, that is a *much* better solution.

Here's the patch I ended up with, if anyone else needs it:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:BEFORE[zRealPlume]
{
  !PLUME{}
}

IDK why I was manually adding NEEDS[!Waterfall] for various things. A blanket patch is much better. Will check the patching syntax to make sure there are no edge cases and will integrate this or something similar in the next udpate.

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

IDK why I was manually adding NEEDS[!Waterfall] for various things. A blanket patch is much better. Will check the patching syntax to make sure there are no edge cases and will integrate this or something similar in the next udpate.

One possible downside I see is that if something actually wants both a Smokescreen plume and a Waterfall plume, it'll have to add its Smokescreen plume after the blanket patch runs - otherwise it'll just get removed.  Seems like a good trade for not having to manually update every time a mod gets Waterfall support, though.

3 hours ago, leopardenthusiast said:

One possible downside I see is that if something actually wants both a Smokescreen plume and a Waterfall plume, it'll have to add its Smokescreen plume after the blanket patch runs - otherwise it'll just get removed.  Seems like a good trade for not having to manually update every time a mod gets Waterfall support, though.

True but if someone wanted to combine both it would probably be best to do a custom one anyway as they are unlikely to look nice together out of the box. 

2 hours ago, OutInSpace said:

Not sure if this is a bug, but the NERV's particle effects no longer appear. I am using ReStock though.

@OutInSpace, I believe that is a current known issue. If you aren't using Waterfall, you may want to rollback to 4.0.2.

Edited by hemeac

3 hours ago, OutInSpace said:

Not sure if this is a bug, but the NERV's particle effects no longer appear. I am using ReStock though.

Should be fixed in the next update, you could grab the fix from here though if you'd rather not wait. Im not 100% sure if its fixed it in all cases but others who have tested it report that its working https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/master/GameData/RealPlume-Stock/ReStock/nuclearEngine_NERV.cfg

Replace RealPlume-Stock/Restock/nuclearEngine_NERV.cfg with the linked file.

1 minute ago, Manny.38 said:

I don't know if it is just me, but I've found that using an engine with both realplume configs as well as waterfall means that there is no sound for that engine.

Can you give an example of affected engines and which mods they are from?

54 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Can you give an example of affected engines and which mods they are from?

I tried:

rs-68, bluedog, just realplume, sound

stbe, nflv, both, no sound,

stromboli, cryogenic engines, both, no sound

merlin engine, nflv, both, no sound

spark, stock, realplume, sound

Just now, Manny.38 said:

I tried:

rs-68, bluedog, just realplume, sound

stbe, nflv, both, no sound,

stromboli, cryogenic engines, both, no sound

merlin engine, nflv, both, no sound

spark, stock, realplume, sound

Ugh I rather foolishly had the sound turned off in my game when testing to listen to music so I didnt catch this. Looks like resolving this could be quite complicated. So Im going to update the patches with manual deconflicts and remove the global patch for now.

UPDATE

# RealPlume-Stock v4.0.5
Updates
- revert global waterfall deconflict patch due to audio issue untill/unless it can be resolved in RealPlume core

I think I have an idea how but not 100% sure actually. Even if I can solve part of the audio issue I foresee another problem I didnt think about with respect to how the powerEffectName is patched.

Waterfallfx deconflicts for
- Near Future Launch Vehicles
- Near Future Spacecraft
- Near Future Propulsion
- Kerbal Atomics

# RealPlume v13. 3.2 
- no change

DOWNLOAD - github

DOWNLOAD - spacedock

On 1/11/2021 at 1:09 AM, OutInSpace said:

My issue is the stock Nerv's show constant plume even when deactivated ...

How do I fix this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.