Jump to content

[KSP1.12.x] RealPlume - Stock v4.0.8 & RealPlume v13.3.2 [25/JUN/2021]


Zorg
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Been searching in this topic for a good bit now looking for the info. Sorry if its a dead horse so to speak. What about ReStock on those deconflict updates? Im using the Waterfall version for Restock.

The idea here is that both mods should be safe to install together. It cant actually harm your install but without the correct patching an engine can get double plumes, 1 from RealPlume and 1 from waterfall. 

With the correct patching we make the assumption that if both mods are installed together you will prefer the Waterfall plume if a config is available. This enables you to have the benefit of RealPlumes for those that dont have Waterfall yet and more importantly get RealPlumes for solid rockets which are presently unsupported by Waterfall.

I am doing this work on the RealPlume-stock for various mods including ReStock but some mods have their realplume configs in their own compatibility files, it would be up to them to manage it in that case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hey all!

I have both real plume and waterfall installed (I kept real plume because it has cool looking srb plumes) and for the "Thud", "Twitch", "Spider", and "Ant" engines the plumes have overlapped. I don't think any other ones are like this but I get a performance hit because of it and they don't look good together. I have the latest update for realplume so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks

Edited by QAM00
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have a problem, there are no engine sounds, and the engine effects just turn in to a few sparkles coming out with no flame, smoke, or plume. Please help, I searched up multiple times but found nothing, even after rephrasing the search, what is wrong with it?

Edit: Upon removing the realplume files from the "Squad" folder, I found I now have very cool sound effects and plumes, with no smoke, do I move smokescreen somewhere?

Edited by Anbelizac
Partially resolved problem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Anbelizac said:

Upon removing the realplume files from the "Squad" folder,

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have some boo-boos with the install. You should never be placing anything into the Squad folder. Mods go into the GameData folder, each in their own folder. You'll usually find a "GameData" folder inside mod zip files, and the contents of that folder go into the contents of your GameData folder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have some boo-boos with the install. You should never be placing anything into the Squad folder. Mods go into the GameData folder, each in their own folder. You'll usually find a "GameData" folder inside mod zip files, and the contents of that folder go into the contents of your GameData folder. 

LOL! I never knew that! I always thought they went in to the Squad folder!!! Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 10:20 AM, QAM00 said:

Hey all!

I have both real plume and waterfall installed (I kept real plume because it has cool looking srb plumes) and for the "Thud", "Twitch", "Spider", and "Ant" engines the plumes have overlapped. I don't think any other ones are like this but I get a performance hit because of it and they don't look good together. I have the latest update for realplume so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks

I fixed it myself using a trick I learned when asking on the Restock forum about how to get the stock watereffects onto the non-restocked engines. I looked into the notepad configs of engines that weren't messed up and they had, "NEEDS[SmokeScreen,!ReStock,!StockWaterfallEffects]" whereas the ones that were messed up it was, "NEEDS[SmokeScreen,!ReStock]".  So I just added that and it worked, so I guess it was just a very small error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm playing with Stock KSP, and I'm noticing the sound is "off". By that I mean the engine sound is quiet and mainly in my left ear.

Is that a feature? Or has something gone wrong with my install? I was having to fly blind as the " readme" contained no information on how to properly install the mod. 

I originally installed it into a folder named "Real Plume" in the "GameData" folder. But that only seemed to partly install the mod. So I copy pasted everything *in* that folder, into the "GameData" folder. That seemed to make the mod work, but again, the sound balance is now off. And since I had to install it directly into GameData, as opposed to a folder *in* GameData, I'm afraid to go around deleting things for fear of breaking my install.

Can anyone else confirm the sound balance being wrong?

 

 

_______________________________________________

Went ahead and deleted the files that came with the mod, and extracted the files directly into the GameData folder.

Sound now seems to be properly balanced. Still a bit quiet, but no longer left ear happy.

I think something broke when I had it in a separate folder, and then moving it. Oh well, problem solved. Would like it to be louder though.:lol:

Edited by Slyguy3129
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Delta dart said:

Is it possible to disable the mod for jet engines? With jet engines it gives weird glitches like having afterburner flames coming out of a standard turbofan.

Go to the RealPlume-stock/Squad folder and delete the configs for the engines you dont want.

5 hours ago, Slyguy3129 said:

I'm playing with Stock KSP, and I'm noticing the sound is "off". By that I mean the engine sound is quiet and mainly in my left ear.

Is that a feature? Or has something gone wrong with my install? I was having to fly blind as the " readme" contained no information on how to properly install the mod. 

I originally installed it into a folder named "Real Plume" in the "GameData" folder. But that only seemed to partly install the mod. So I copy pasted everything *in* that folder, into the "GameData" folder. That seemed to make the mod work, but again, the sound balance is now off. And since I had to install it directly into GameData, as opposed to a folder *in* GameData, I'm afraid to go around deleting things for fear of breaking my install.

Can anyone else confirm the sound balance being wrong?

 

 

_______________________________________________

Went ahead and deleted the files that came with the mod, and extracted the files directly into the GameData folder.

Sound now seems to be properly balanced. Still a bit quiet, but no longer left ear happy.

I think something broke when I had it in a separate folder, and then moving it. Oh well, problem solved. Would like it to be louder though.:lol:

Most KSP mods do not work if you play around with the install locations as many files are file path specific. Please dont do that for any mod. It seems you have fixed that though.

Re volume the way engine sounds are set up (since before I took over even) is that its scaled to engine thrust. So some smaller engines might be a bit quiet. I am not inclined to change this behavior as its a fair amount of patching work and most of us are moving away from RealPlume in favour of Waterfall anyway as the main plume mod. I am only doing bug fixes and deconflicts these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I just was loading up my pretty modded save after updating module manager on ckan and this happened, any idea on why? Also I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it did nothing.

 

 

Edited by QAM00
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kerdel said:

latest restock update 1.4.2 changed the swivel 30/45 back again after the 1.12.2 changes.

now they have restock plumes not real plume, anyone else got this as well?

This is to be expected due to new models by squad (which are technically new parts) and thus restock is replacing completely new parts, it will be fixed in a future update.

Edited by Zorg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I just installed this in CKAN and it automatically installed the Real Plume dependency but not "SmokeScreen -extended FX Plugin". Fortunately I read the OP so I knew that.  I'm not using RO. KSP 1.12.2.

Several ships I loaded in orbit make a loud bang when they finish loading which is quite startling. Also shows this orange text error:

[ERR 20:55:40.202] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

The 1 time it did not make the noise (ship only used Ant engines, if that matters) it also did not give the error message. 

player log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...