[KSP1.12.x] RealPlume - Stock v4.0.8 & RealPlume v13.3.2 [25/JUN/2021]

Zorg

3 hours ago, Clayel said:

This mod is great, but I've noticed something thats been bugging me for the past few days. The plume for the RAPIER engine seems to have a gap between the actual engine bells and where the plume starts. Could the creator of the mod fix this possibly?

unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.png

Thanks.

This is a Waterfall bug, better to ask in the correct thread:

19 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

This is a Waterfall bug, better to ask in the correct thread:

It says in the RAPIER engine description that the plume is managed by Real Plume, are you sure its waterfall?

Those are definitely waterfall plumes, but the description is modified by RealPlume. My guess is that your RealPlume might be out of date or there's an error in the configs somewhere because that description modifier shouldn't be showing up if you have Waterfall installed. KeaKaka is right though, the issues with the plumes not connecting to the engine bells is a Waterfall issue and should probably be discussed in the thread for whatever waterfall configs you're using.

35 minutes ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Those are definitely waterfall plumes, but the description is modified by RealPlume. My guess is that your RealPlume might be out of date or there's an error in the configs somewhere because that description modifier shouldn't be showing up if you have Waterfall installed. KeaKaka is right though, the issues with the plumes not connecting to the engine bells is a Waterfall issue and should probably be discussed in the thread for whatever waterfall configs you're using.

Just tested it myself, and you are definitely correct. However, with a fresh install of Real Plume it still shows the RAPIER plume as being managed by it in the description, how strange. I will report the main bug to the Waterfall thread.

Edited by Clayel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having an issue where a lot of stock engines aren't having the RealPlume effects applied. A lot of them are just stock plumes. I tried it on a fresh install of KSP and RealPlume with no effect so I know it isn't any of the other modules that I have installed. Is anyone else experiencing this issue in 2:v13.3.2 and Stock Configs v4.0.8?

Edited by KrazyKerbinaut
Change version to express RealPlume and Stock Configs versions.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2023 at 2:25 AM, KrazyKerbinaut said:

I'm having an issue where a lot of stock engines aren't having the RealPlume effects applied. A lot of them are just stock plumes. I tried it on a fresh install of KSP and RealPlume with no effect so I know it isn't any of the other modules that I have installed. Is anyone else experiencing this issue in 2:v13.3.2 and Stock Configs v4.0.8?

@KrazyKerbinaut How did you resolve it? I'm having a similar issue and I cannot figure it out.

Ok, I investigated some more and found, that only three engines still have their stock plumes: the Swivel (Kerolox-Upper), the Reliant (Kerolox-Lower) and the TwinBoar (Kerolox-Lower).

I also found out, what the issue was: some update gave those three engines a *_v2 part respectively, but RealPlume Stock had no _v2 configs for those. After I created the configs matching the updated part names, now I do see real plumes for those engines.
The only thing now is: one of the plumes for the TwinBoar is offset behind the nozzle. So the TwinBoar now has one plume starting inside one nozzle, and the second plume starts outside of the other nozzle.
If someone knows how to fix this, I'll gladly take a hint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, this slight change would be benefitial for supporting restock waterfall expansion : adding !RestockWaterfallExpansion, where you already have !StockWaterfallEffects

Thanks (and sorry If I got it wrong ^^) :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.