[KSP1.12.x] RealPlume - Stock v4.0.8 & RealPlume v13.3.2 [25/JUN/2021]

Zorg

15 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

I found it!

I don't know if the link works but here is my log.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VnlmH-r0j3rMorQQ4z3kvIWsqd0xDyRp

Im a little busy these few days but I'll look into this when I have a moment. Would also be great if you can include modulemanager.configcache and MMPatch.log

That link above requires permission btw. Could you set it to public permissions?

Sorry you are so busy and sorry for giving you more stuff to do.

I think I know where the modulemanager.configcache is and I will post it and make the log public as soon as I get home from school today.

Also I don't know where the MMPatch.log is.

Sorry I am new to KSP and Modding. 

Also I don't know if this information would help but whenever I removed real plume vessels already in flight before the removal had there nerv engines half covered in there shroud which are impossible to get rid of. Also when I tried manually installing real plume along with smokescreen and the stock configs, all engine plumes were gone. Even the stock ones.

I don't know if that helps hopefully it does.

Edited by Vortexian2

12 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

I think the log is on public now.

Hmm the log isnt very informative. Is that the full thing? Or is it from a session where you quit immediately after loading? 

Basically for it to be useful you need to have RP installed, take the same craft to Duna, recreate the problem, quit out (preferably without doing much else) and then provide the log from that game session.

It would also be helpful to know which engines in particular were on the spacecraft in question.

If your referring to real plume it was installed. What I did was immediately after I loaded my career mode save was loaded I opened a quicksave with my SSTO aerobraking and deorbiting at duna. Then I waited until I was below 8 km to see if the lag came up again. Which it did, then I quit out of the game. I don't know if that was the wrong thing to do. 

Please tell me if I am wrong.

The engines that were on the craft were 8 nervs, 18 to 23 rapiers, and 3 radial aerospikes (for "VTOLish" assisted style landing). The reason for the amount of engines was that it was a MK3 space plane with science equipment and space for 15 crew. Also I don't know if this helps but, I have landed on Duna in this save in this install of KSP using rockets only. In my tests though the fall to 5 fps below 8 km only happened when I had wing parts on my craft. 

I don't know if that helps but hopefully it does.

Also, incase you ask I don't have any mods that I think would change the aerodynamics ingame like FASA. Also I don't have any part mods other than Mechjeb and Ampyear so no modded wing parts.

31 minutes ago, Vortexian2 said:

If your referring to real plume it was installed. What I did was immediately after I loaded my career mode save was loaded I opened a quicksave with my SSTO aerobraking and deorbiting at duna. Then I waited until I was below 8 km to see if the lag came up again. Which it did, then I quit out of the game. I don't know if that was the wrong thing to do. 

Please tell me if I am wrong.

The engines that were on the craft were 8 nervs, 18 to 23 rapiers, and 3 radial aerospikes (for "VTOLish" assisted style landing). The reason for the amount of engines was that it was a MK3 space plane with science equipment and space for 15 crew. Also I don't know if this helps but, I have landed on Duna in this save in this install of KSP using rockets only. In my tests though the fall to 5 fps below 8 km only happened when I had wing parts on my craft. 

I don't know if that helps but hopefully it does.

Also, incase you ask I don't have any mods that I think would change the aerodynamics ingame like FASA. Also I don't have any part mods other than Mechjeb and Ampyear so no modded wing parts.

Well I think the output log you uploaded was truncated somehow because it only shows lines referring to the initial loading process of the game. It doesnt even show the loading of your save. The steps you took are correct but I dont see them in the log linked in your post. 

To be perfectly honest I am very puzzled how RealPlume/Smokescreen could possibly cause the issues you were describing but of course something unexpected could always happen.

I am as stumped as you are about this.

Here is the new log file. I did as you asked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T_iL9-e6DTfxJod3EHjwKoPADAjlL7VR/view?usp=sharing

Also, a bit more information I just saw if it helps:

When you enter the atmosphere with physical time warp on the lag doesn't happen until you kill the time warp. Then it goes back down to 5 fps.

Just so you know before I posted anything on this forum I tried removing and replacing all of the mods I have. And the only thing that got rid of it was removing real plume and its dependencies. I put them back in and the drop to 5 fps happened again.

Edited by Vortexian2

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any consideration towards making some of the plumes reactive to light and become more transparent in space? For example, the plume of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket in a day launch will go from bright yellow to grey before stage separation, and the second stage plume will be almost transparent (such as in the Starlink 1 launch https://youtu.be/pIDuv0Ta0XQ?t=977.) However, during night launches rocket plumes will be significantly brighter. Though it may be a strain on some computers initially, I believe it will make the game more realistic and should be an option (maybe even separate from the base mod).

Greetings, @Zorg. I've recently updated from Realplume 11.2 and configs 1.3.1 to configs 3.0.1 (backwards-compatible zip) and the enclosed dependencies, while using ReStock 1.4 and KSP 1.7.3. I did so to escape the glitchy plume of the Reliant in the old version, as was widely reported in the previous, locked thread.

Instead, I've stumbled into two issues.

One, Swivel and Poodle seem to be manifesting large, high-altitude plumes with exhaust reflux at sea level.

Two, a component of the Reliant's exhaust is off-center. Since I updated to escape a reliant glitch, do understand my frustration :mad:

See enclosed album: https://imgur.com/a/eg0hEUo

19 hours ago, DDE said:

Greetings, @Zorg. I've recently updated from Realplume 11.2 and configs 1.3.1 to configs 3.0.1 (backwards-compatible zip) and the enclosed dependencies, while using ReStock 1.4 and KSP 1.7.3. I did so to escape the glitchy plume of the Reliant in the old version, as was widely reported in the previous, locked thread.

Instead, I've stumbled into two issues.

One, Swivel and Poodle seem to be manifesting large, high-altitude plumes with exhaust reflux at sea level.

Two, a component of the Reliant's exhaust is off-center. Since I updated to escape a reliant glitch, do understand my frustration :mad:

See enclosed album: https://imgur.com/a/eg0hEUo

Hi. Sorry I’m out of town til mid January but will take a look when I get back. If you could post your module manager log and modulemanager.configcache in the meantime that would help me diagnose the issue when I return. 

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

Hi. Sorry I’m out of town til mid January but will take a look when I get back. If you could post your module manager log and modulemanager.configcache in the meantime that would help me diagnose the issue when I return. 

Should all be in here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmlSZuL0ax7C6Aj5J5BSvVB3EBxS?e=lVFf40

57 minutes ago, DDE said:

I took a quick look at the screenshot of the game data. It’s possible (perhaps even probable) that having Vens in there with ReStock is the culprit. Not 100% sure as I don’t have my laptop with me and it’s a little tricky to open up and study the logs. But please see if removing Vens fixes it. If not I will have to dig into it when I get back home. 

Edited by Zorg

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

It’s possible (perhaps even probable) that having Vens in there with ReStock is the culprit.

I did my absolute best to prune Ven's pack down to the handful of .cfgs I needed. As far as I can see, it shouldn't make any alterations to the Reliant.

6 hours ago, DDE said:

I did my absolute best to prune Ven's pack down to the handful of .cfgs I needed. As far as I can see, it shouldn't make any alterations to the Reliant.

The point being that MM compatibility patches are activated on the basis of the presence of the mod folder. Specifically my suspicion is that the RealPlume patches for Vens reliant and poodle etc are being activated. 

I presume you are using restock for the stock parts revamp and Vens only for new parts added by Vens? If this is the case go to Vens folder in RealPlume-stock and delete all the cfgs except for those applying to those parts. If I’m right that should fix it. 

Sorry if I am being nosy but are we still working on my issue or have we stopped because your as clueless as I am?

I have already sent you the new log file as you requested.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, Vortexian2 said:

Also I am not making this up this is really happening in my game. I enjoy your mod and wish I could reinstall it to my save but every time I do the same issue appears.

If you can help I would be very grateful but if you are as clueless as I am on the matter, I will understand as well.

19 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

Sorry if I am being nosy but are we still working on my issue or have we stopped because your as clueless as I am?

I have already sent you the new log file as you requested.

Also I am not making this up this is really happening in my game. I enjoy your mod and wish I could reinstall it to my save but every time I do the same issue appears.

If you can help I would be very grateful but if you are as clueless as I am on the matter, I will understand as well.

Sorry got even busier after that post and then was abroad for a few weeks. Just got back and catching up on things. That second log file you posted seemed 100% identical to the first one. It might the same file mistakenly reuploaded?

As mentioned that file seems truncated in the middle of the the part loading process and doesnt have any data on you actually playing the game. I will need a useful log that shows whats happening while you are playing to see if there is anything I can spot.

I just tried the same thing two more times and have compared the two logs to the last and they are identical to this one to. 

I am not sure what I am doing wrong for the logs.

I load up the game to the main menu. Then I loaded my save file, then I loaded my quick save were my duna ssto is aerobraking into orbit/landing (it somehow does this all in one). I then go down to past the 8km mark with physical time warp. Then I kill physical time warp and as usual the fps drop to sub 5 fps shows up. I let it go for a bit to try and make sure it would show up in the log (I don't know if that helps anything). Then I pause it and exits to the main menu and after a long load time I quit the game.

I promise you I am not making this stuff up to waste your time. And from what I can tell the only thing that fixes the issue is removing your mod and smokescreen (although I really want to use your mod and that is why I am still here). I could be wrong though as I don't know much about modding and the log and the game file and ex. The only thing I know for modding is downloading and installing ckan and then letting it do the work. But, from every thing I have tried it all points to your mod. I don't know why or how but I know your mod is doing it.

I don't mean to be rude if I am but I assure you I am not making this up and I love your mod and I want to use it.

Sorry if I was being nosy, sorry I didn't compare the two logs which are different logs but with the same content for some reason, sorry if I am adding to your busy life, sorry if I am an idiot, and sorry if I am being overly apologetic and weird.

Also could the log issue be connected to my fps drop?

6 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

I just tried the same thing two more times and have compared the two logs to the last and they are identical to this one to. 

I am not sure what I am doing wrong for the logs.

I load up the game to the main menu. Then I loaded my save file, then I loaded my quick save were my duna ssto is aerobraking into orbit/landing (it somehow does this all in one). I then go down to past the 8km mark with physical time warp. Then I kill physical time warp and as usual the fps drop to sub 5 fps shows up. I let it go for a bit to try and make sure it would show up in the log (I don't know if that helps anything). Then I pause it and exits to the main menu and after a long load time I quit the game.

I promise you I am not making this stuff up to waste your time.

Dont worry I'm quite happy to help as far as I am able to. 

Not sure whats up with your log though, no matter what else is going on in your game the log is supposed to update each time you run. 

Are you looking in here? I mean the file has the correct name so I assume you were looking in the right place but I guess its possible there was an old copy of a log lying around somewhere idk.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt 

(the file is called player.log for KSP 1.8)

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

Sorry I took so long to reply I got slammed by school. 

Here is the new log. I did check it is different now (I think). Also yes I was getting the wrong log. I was getting it from the KSP_Data folder in the main game files.

sorry.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QFG5pv46Oy3svAGonfBt-Y18xqb39pwI

Hmm I took a look at the log and I am unable to identify the issue thats causing your slowdown much less whether realplume/smokescreen is directly responsible.

I did see some "float curve errors" and i suppose a bunch of those spamming could cause a slow down though Im not sure (I have identified and fixed such errors in RP before but they dont have a performance impact at least for me).

The log doesnt say where its from. RealPlume does use a lot of float curves so its possible there is an issue with a plume somewhere but I am not getting those same errors with those same engines and that doesnt explain why it only happens at Duna at 8km.

Unfortunately since I cant reproduce the issue and since I cant identify a culprit in the log theres not much I can do sorry :( 

Edited by Zorg

Oh well sorry for bothering you I guess I can't use real plume.

But, I would like to try one more thing before I give up though I need some info first.

So, before I posted anything I tried to do a few things my self. One of them was when I uninstalled real plume with ckan and then uninstalled ckan and downloaded a new ckan (This was done on another copy of my game for safety). I then reinstalled realplume and tested the situation again. Apparently it fixed the lag but it also deleted all of the plumes on all of the engines. 

Now I know it probably (somehow) fixed the lag due to there being no engine plumes but on the off chance that that's not the case I would like to do the same thing but without uninstalling ckan and reinstalling it my self manually.

But, I would like to know if I would just get the same result or that it might cause other issue, etc, before hand.

So if you have anything to say about this it would be helpful. 

And after this, if it still doesn't work out I promise I will stop bothering you, sorry.

2 hours ago, Vortexian2 said:

Oh well sorry for bothering you I guess I can't use real plume.

But, I would like to try one more thing before I give up though I need some info first.

So, before I posted anything I tried to do a few things my self. One of them was when I uninstalled real plume with ckan and then uninstalled ckan and downloaded a new ckan (This was done on another copy of my game for safety). I then reinstalled realplume and tested the situation again. Apparently it fixed the lag but it also deleted all of the plumes on all of the engines. 

Now I know it probably (somehow) fixed the lag due to there being no engine plumes but on the off chance that that's not the case I would like to do the same thing but without uninstalling ckan and reinstalling it my self manually.

But, I would like to know if I would just get the same result or that it might cause other issue, etc, before hand.

So if you have anything to say about this it would be helpful. 

And after this, if it still doesn't work out I promise I will stop bothering you, sorry.

Er that sounds like the installation went horribly wrong.

I would suggest uninstalling RealPlume, realplume-stock and smokescreen via ckan. Going into the folder yourself and making sure those folders are all gone and then finally installing manually.

Since you are on 1.7.3 make sure to grab Smokescreen v2.8.6, and the latest RealPlume and RealPlume-stock.

(you dont need to uninstall CKAN, its quite fine to install some mods using CKAN and other manually. Just make sure to uninstall the mods in question using CKAN and double check they were properly removed).

If after all that you still have disappearing plumes then Im going to need all 3 of your logs again :P (configcache, mm log and outputlog.txt/player.log)

@Zorg, could you take a look at CryoEngines plumes? They're listed as supported, but they don't get any improved plumes.

EDIT: Disregard, had a misconfiguration.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.