[KSP1.12.x] RealPlume - Stock v4.0.8 & RealPlume v13.3.2 [25/JUN/2021]

Zorg

A little update, the Near Future Propulsion based plumes are now complete.

In addition to VASIMIR Xenon, VASIMIR Argon and the Magnetoplasmadynamic Thruster above, have now added:

Pulsed Inductive Thruster

4KEOKt1l.png

Ion Hall Effect Argon

lmYSQjJl.png

Ion Xenon Gridded

QDg7Akol.png

Thanks once again to Nertea for providing these excellent effects.

I also added Xenon Hall and Argon Gridded (not pictured). This was all I had originally planned but I actually got started on another addition which I'm working on. Should have the next release out over this weekend or early next week.

8 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

why no love for NovaPunch? I just checked and saw it was missing any configs

My efforts right now are mostly focused on adding new plumes to RealPlume core and on the RP-stock side I will be doing a full set of configs for Knes. I will be more than happy to include configs if someone were to do a pull request for Nova Punch though, I'll open a github help wanted issue.

As mentioned in the OP, I really do need help from the community for comprehensive support of various mods. Doing the plume configs can be quite time consuming and and if we're being honest my motivation is higher to work on mods which I use and am familiar with the parts. We all have limited time after all :)

If no one else steps up for Nova Punch I'll try to get to it eventually but I have other commitments in the immediate future.

So what I've been mostly occupied with over the last few days has been a new hypergolic_lower_red plume. Suitable for engines running UDMH+NTO. Its a derivative of the bespoke Aerozine 50 one I did for BDB Titans and it features fairly realistic looking shock diamonds which fade out one after the other shortly before plume expansion begins proper. 

Although it uses 11 individual particle effects (all from PlumeParty) to achieve this, the total number of particles emitted with a default emissionMult of 0.5 is actually LESS than the legacy hypergolic-lower plume. So performance will actually be better.

Still tinkering but getting close. Knes with its many hypergolic lifter engines will be getting these plumes in the next update. I have also discussed with @Beale to bring support for Tantares into RealPlume-stock (current configs are carried in the mod itself). Once those are removed in the next maintenance release of Tantares, I will be adding these plumes to Proton via RealPlume-stock :)

Knes Ariane 4 being tested

wLoRzYQl.png

Jky5f6Nl.png

BbjAIpZl.png?1

After shock diamonds have faded

LxRStcRl.png

LQrsCill.png

Edited by Zorg

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Wow! and I don’t mean WorkOutWorld.

I didn't see SpaceY listed, can you add them to the helpwanted issue?

Thanks! Space-Y has been covered for a while though.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/tree/master/GameData/RealPlume-Stock/SpaceY-Expanded

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/tree/master/GameData/RealPlume-Stock/SpaceY-Lifters

Some missing stuff is being added in the next update courtesy of Rocket Witch. If there's anything missing do let me know and I will open an issue. 

Edit: I should probably open an issue for space tux industries. I only configured the porkjet Atomic Age nukes.

Edited by Zorg

2 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Thanks! Space-Y has been covered for a while though.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/tree/master/GameData/RealPlume-Stock/SpaceY-Expanded

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/tree/master/GameData/RealPlume-Stock/SpaceY-Lifters

Some missing stuff is being added in the next update courtesy of Rocket Witch. If there's anything missing do let me know and I will open an issue. 

Oh, cool, thanks.  There is one thing, there is a patch I have for the SpaceY Vernier engine (I believe it is in SpaceY Expanded) which fixes the effects;  I'm considering adopting the SpaceY stuff in a purely maintenance mode, and would include this patch.  The patch replaces the ModuleRCS with an updated ModuleRCSFX, I'm including it in the spoiler below so you can do what's needed for it.

Spoiler

@PART[SYvernier1]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleRCS] {}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		stagingEnabled = False
		thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
		thrusterPower = 100
		resourceName = LiquidFuel
		resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		runningEffectName = running
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			ratio = 1.1
		}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 260
			key = 1 180
			key = 9 0.001
		}
	}

EFFECTS
	{
		running
		{
			AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
			{
				channel = Ship
				transformName = RCSthruster
				clip = sound_rocket_mini
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 0.1 0.0
				volume = 0.5 0.025
				volume = 1.0 0.15
				pitch = 0.0 0.75
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}
			MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/Monoprop_small
				transformName = RCSthruster
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.1 0.0
				emission = 1.0 2.0
				speed = 0.0 0.8
				speed = 1.0 1.0
				localRotation = -90, 0, 0
			}
		}		
	}
}

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, cool, thanks.  There is one thing, there is a patch I have for the SpaceY Vernier engine (I believe it is in SpaceY Expanded) which fixes the effects;  I'm considering adopting the SpaceY stuff in a purely maintenance mode, and would include this patch.  The patch replaces the ModuleRCS with an updated ModuleRCSFX, I'm including it in the spoiler below so you can do what's needed for it.

Oh nothing to worry about on that front. There's no extant config for that engine as RealPlume only deals with ModuleEnginesFX. I guess not even the RO folks who originally made RealPlume were crazy enough to want expanding RCS effects :P

1 hour ago, Just Titanium Carbide said:

Thanks for your astonishing work! i can't really play without my fav mod.
It's ever going to be compatible with SSTU?

Oh I'm quite surprised to see SSTU doesn't already have configs. I will look into it, not 100% sure if it will be for this update but if not will try include for the next one. I don't use SSTU but I know it has a lot of type switching I dont know if that applies to the engines too. Hopefully the engine configs will not be too problematic.

Thanks so much for your amazing work with this mod - always been a must-install for me, so it’s great to have it kept current... thank you!

One slight issue - I seem to be missing a plume for the Kodiak engine... it just has nothing underneath the engine. Is anyone else seeing this? 

Just now, Goody1981 said:

Thanks so much for your amazing work with this mod - always been a must-install for me, so it’s great to have it kept current... thank you!

One slight issue - I seem to be missing a plume for the Kodiak engine... it just has nothing underneath the engine. Is anyone else seeing this? 

Are you playing stock or with ReStock installed?

21 minutes ago, Goody1981 said:

Thanks for the reply :) Actually I do have Restock - is that the issue?

Just wanted to narrow it down since ReStock and stock have different configs. Will take a look today and see if there's an issue on the config side.

1 hour ago, Goody1981 said:

Awesome - thanks very much!

Oh you know what! I just realised what happened, I did the configs for the ReStock making history engines, but they are still in the development branch and not fully released (I totally forgot i was using the Github dev of restock)! I will disable those patches in the next release until ReStock itself gets its next update. 

Next RP release is only a few days away but if you would rather not wait in the meantime, you can go into RealPlume-Stock/ReStock and delete MH_LiquidEngineRK-7_Kodiak.cfg (as well as the other three MH_ prefixed configs for Skiff, Wolfhound and Cub).

Sorry about that.

Edited by Zorg

22 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Oh you know what! I just realised what happened, I did the configs for the ReStock making history engines, but they are still in the development branch and not fully released (I totally forgot i was using the Github dev of restock)! I will disable those patches in the next release until ReStock itself gets its next release. 

Next RP release is only a few days away but if you would rather not wait in the meantime, you can go into RealPlume-Stock/ReStock and delete MH_LiquidEngineRK-7_Kodiak.cfg (as well as the other three MH_ prefixed configs for Skiff, Wolfhound and Cub).

Sorry about that.

Oh mate - please don’t apologise! Happy to wait until the next release of this glorious work. Thanks again :)

55 minutes ago, Sleepyjoe5 said:

How do you access the Config menu to reduce the quality of the plumes. I pressed Alt+p and have the toolbar mod but its not showing up.

If alt P isnt bringing it up maybe another mod is interfering. A lot of mods seem to use Alt+P as a shortcut. If you have toolbar then enable the button for smokescreen. Then click the smokescreen button and change particle limit there.

48 minutes ago, Sleepyjoe5 said:

The engines that have the plumes offset are the Cormorant Shuttle mods Shuttle maneuvering engines, and the reDirect Orion/Space Shuttle KJ-10 "Viking" Orbital Maneuvering Engine.

Sure I'll take a look and see whats up.

13 hours ago, Sleepyjoe5 said:

The engines that have the plumes offset are the Cormorant Shuttle mods Shuttle maneuvering engines, and the reDirect Orion/Space Shuttle KJ-10 "Viking" Orbital Maneuvering Engine.

So I've fixed the reDirect one. In fact I've given new plumes to all the ReDirect liquid engines as well. But Cormorant has carries its own RealPlume configs carried within the Cormorant files rather than in RealPlume-stock. I will submit a pull request when I have some time to fix it but it depends on when Pak merges and releases it. He's mostly been away recently.

Edited by Zorg

13 hours ago, Sleepyjoe5 said:

How do you access the Config menu to reduce the quality of the plumes. I pressed Alt+p and have the toolbar mod but its not showing up.

12 hours ago, Zorg said:

If alt P isnt bringing it up maybe another mod is interfering. A lot of mods seem to use Alt+P as a shortcut. If you have toolbar then enable the button for smokescreen. Then click the smokescreen button and change particle limit there.

To expand on Zorg's response, if you don't already, install Blizzy's Toolbar Mod. The Smokescreen button should then appear to be clickable in that tool where you can open the Smokescreen GUI.

The name of the Toolbar Continued mod can be a little confusing now that its not named 'Blizzy's Toolbar' anymore as the stock toolbar on the right hand side of the flight screen is also referred to as the 'Toolbar'.

Edited by Poodmund

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.